This is not my week - and now I can't make a decision! ;-)

So, last week/weekend I ended ripping up all of my  stitches of 3/4 of a quilt I quilted.    grumpyyy.

And now today, I get my anticipated custom quilt measured and prepped for loading...only to find the backing is too small for the top.  My client had not measured her backing and 'asssumed' it was the right size.   grrrrrr!!

Today I picked up a cream 50wt to quilt my top with (wonderfil outlet is here in my town) and now I'm second guessing the colour - it is too light for the fabric and it was the closest match that they had. grrrr..

So now I'm 2nd guessing myself -  do I go with a perfect matching Glide thread instead and risk too much 'sheen'  with some of the denser quilting I will do?    Should I just do glide throughout the quilt then, rather than a bit of glide and a bit of matte?

Ugh.. do you ever have those days where you just can't make a decision and 2nd guess yourself forever?  

Have you used glide thread in denser quilting?  does it make a lot of sheen?  I imagine it to be las vegas highlights at this point.   LOL   

Maybe I should just load a test quilt on right now and try it out.   

thanks for following along. 

Put it all down and walk away from it for a bit.  Have some coffee or tea with a little snack...go water your flowers...pet your fabric stash then slowly meander over to your project and start working.  You'll know what is right and it will be beautiful.

Glide can make quilting too shiny depending on the fabric. I am quilting a cute bunny quilt and in one block the pebbling is almost hidden because of the background fabric being busy even though it is only two colors. It looks great, but on another block of a lighter background the pebbling was way too shiny and I ripped it all out. Puddle your thread on your quilt and then take a couple of looks, walk away and come back. I love Glide, but in some quilting I don't want the sheen and will use other threads.

Andrea, I know just what you are talking about! Some days everything works and other days (or 7 daysLOL) things just don't go so well.... I feel for you doing all that ripping!

I used Glide thread so successfully on one quilt and then on the last one, with very custom feathering, I thought it was too shiny. I will post a picture in a new thread, but just wanted to say that I now realize that glide does have a sheen that I did not pick up on right away.

I haven't seen anything less than stellar from you so I am sure you will get to the right place!

Thanks everyone....took the day off and just played with thread for a few hours  (and my channel locks)    Found the glide thread too shiny for what I need, so sorted that question out quickly.   Yeah!

Today, loading up the quilt and going to start with simple stuff. :-)   

Just was having one of those days....

Archived