Pandemonium in my Room

If you don not hear from me for a while it will be because Pandemonium is on my Frame.

This is a Kim McLean pattern from Glorious Colour.  90" x 90" all hand appliqued.  No background to speak of.

The owner has challenged me to count the number of circles on it....I am not taking her up on that challenge.

day one - i quilted 40 blocks, counted 147 circles inthe first 18 inches, guessed 750 with the owner and she says more!  I am only outlining the appliques with Invisifil, as much as possible trying to run the applique stitching togethere rather than all the stopping and starting.

OMG!!

Did she say how long it took her to complete the top?  Amazing to look at it all.

You will do just fine..  would love to see it when you are finished, if you are still able

to take picts and post, that is.  lol....

Did she specify the circles she appliques on or those in the prints she used, also?

It would be a time consuming job with some kind of marker to show what you have

or haven't counted, over a week or two.

Just enjoy it, you will make it into a beauty.

Day Two another 64 blocks quilted,

One of the larger blocks for today.

I videoed myself quilting a block that had 133 quilted circles and posted it to my Facebook page.  Almost 40% of it quilted, the owner would have spent less than a year working on this one. I have another of hers to do next month which she only started this year!

Taking a break for a few days to fly to the "Roxies" meeting in Melbourne.

post-2934-0-12852200-1376464982_thumb.jpg

I completed Pandemonium today and took it to the owner she was absolutely delighted with it.

She had spent 9 months and 1 week piecing and appliqueing it.  Towards the end she was just sick of it and no longer liked it.

Now she is in love with it again. Can't photograph the whole quilt as it is 90"x90" too big for my wall so here is just some of it.

Archived