Group photo at APQS Dinner at MQX Portland

You know, I don't think I've realized before how lucky we are to be on the forum.  Regardless of what machine we drive, or where we live, suddenly we are all friends.  I met some truly lovely women last night that I hadn't met before, and finally got to give Shana a big hug!  What a lovely person she is!  Huge thanks to Linda Rech for organizing last nights dinner, and thanks to Barb Mayfield for her help with Quilt Path.

More fun people to meet in Claudia's wholecloth class today, and I'm so excited to really try to do her technique on my girl.  The machine I used in class and I are not going to ever be "friends", but it was fun to try something different.  I'm so motivated to try everything I've learned, the new threads, pantos, free hand designs and even just doodling on paper.  Guess I'll have to give up sleep.

By the way, for the other two women in Claudia's class today, I hereby challenge us to either finish our class sample, or to start a brand new quilt and enter it into MQX next year.  Maybe we could have our own category if we can get enough of us.  Hmm.  Time to go and start planning that quilt.

I'm just back home from MQX and I'm trying to recover to help with my Guild quilt show tomorrow.

The APQS get-together was wonderful. It was so good to meet "friends from afar" and all the regulars.

Shana was able to attend and our geography stretched from Scotland to Australia and points in between. We plan to meet up with several people for a dinner in Houston in a couple of weeks at the show!

I met forum regulars during and between classes. I saw Kay's beautiful quilt with a Faculty ribbon adorning it. It's gorgeous.

I had people I've never met come up and hug me! What a great group of friendly and caring quilters. I hope everyone enjoyed their classes and learned a lot.

Several of us were very impressed with class instructor Sue Heinz and are working on plans to get her out here in Washington for some classes, either affiliated with a guild or a shop. She is phenomenal and I can't say enough good things about her!

Love to all my old and new friends--let's do it again in 2015.

It was a fun dinner and wonderful to see faces familiar and new.  I too tried to enlarge Shana's pictures without success so I will just have to remember all the smiling faces.

I read last night that the show will not be held in the same location in 2015.  Janet and Mary decided that they didn't want to be up against the new IQA show that is moving from Long Beach to Portland next year.  They are looking for a new location in Oregon.  Having been to the Long Beach show every year since it began I don't think that they have anything to worry about.  IQA are changing their format too with the move to Portland.  It will be a quilt, knitting and stitching show so IMHO they are too different to really be in competition with one another.  I hope that they will find a location that is convenient to everyone so that we all meet up again.

I am visiting now with family in Portland , but had such a great time at the show. One of the very best parts was attending the dinner on Thursday and putting some real faces to the forum members! I would like to have spoken individually to each one of you but I ran out of steam and time! I hope we can do this again!!

My first MQX has drawn to a close, and I can safely say it won't be my last!

The quilts all on display were stunning and the classes I attended were excellent.

It was also fabulous being able to meet up with other forum members, and the dinner on Thursday night really highlighted what a large group we are and from all corners of the globe!! Thank you Linda for organising it, it was an amazing evening.

Looking forward to doing it all over again, in a few weeks time at Houston. :)

What a fabulous photo and get together it was. Thank you Linda for your organisational skills. The restaurant was so easy to get to for Maryna (my room mate) and I. Unfortunately by the time we had eaten our meal many of you were leaving and I didn't get to chat to you all personally. It was such a great trip for lots of reasons too many to mention.  

I am now home again as of yesterday, (Wed), but still running on Portland time....was awake at 3.30am again this morning so got up at 4am to start getting organised again....

So, for those of you I did meet, it was great to finally put real faces to names and for those I missed maybe next time, here is hoping that won't be too far in the future????

Archived