Back on track or should I say "trying to get motivated"

Between retirement and moving; in addition to all of the quilting I did for others last year, my own project got thrown to the wayside. I now have a studio and it's finally organized to the point that I can start sewing and quilting. So I unpacked my blocks and top row, set it on the design wall so that it can remind and inspire me to do something other than yard work. I hope to get back in the saddle this weekend, and it WILL be completed by Thanksgiving. Today though I have to go rake leaves :blush:

10594343384_52f1db4125.jpg
Untitled by jandcembroidery, on Flickr

Love it. I did a Texas quilt in April on my domestic machine.  Yours looks like it will be fantastic when you get it done.

I have another that requires a ton of applique; and only having taught myself needle turn within the last year, I want to improve before I start it. I did a Western themed log cabin with applique, but haven't put it on the longarm yet. That is one thing about having lived in Texas, there were a lot of neat fabrics and prints.

Yeah! Haw! Looks like you are ready for some fun!

Jennifer; I don't know about fun. I have a big panel of Texas vocabulary that I'm going to fussy cut , frame, and put throughout the quilt. Teeny-Tiny blocks

You have the ambition.. I'm pooped out.

Beauty that is.  You will do it justice.

Rita

Thanks Rita, I'll try! Piecing it is one thing, Quilting it will definitely task my ability.

Well today I managed to get "some" of the lead out. After having everything in storage for the past 6 months I finally got behind the sewing machine and managed to finish my second row. I was on such a role, I started the third, but It fizzled when I developed a headache trying to piece together a lousy fussy cut strip and square it up to 4 1/2". Brain just wouldn't work. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

10682745513_b687ebe4a1.jpg
Untitled by jandcembroidery, on Flickr

Love your Texas quilt.  Is that from a pattern, or did you mix and match blocks.  My son just moved to Texas and his family is joining him in December.  Wouldn't it be cool to make a Texas quilt for them?

Teresa, It was one of three kits I bought before I left Texas; designed by Glenda Stephens. She's a great designer, mentor and friend, and always took the time to help me with piecing and designing tips as well as long-arm techniques when I started.

Archived