Cowboy Log Cabin

Opened up my tub of quilt tops and realized I need to get some on the long-arm. I have a bad habit of piecing a top, putting it aside, and then starting another. I pieced this one last year and it was my first hand applique. Since I hadn't perfected my needle turn, I just used a blanket stitch.

10658591766_982f292979.jpg
cowboy log cabin by jandcembroidery, on Flickr

10658573805_ef187b8855.jpg
Untitled by jandcembroidery, on Flickr

10658610386_884bcc3d25.jpg

10658626474_c918000229.jpg

I really, really like that quilt.  It looks as though you do terrific work.

I would love to see it finished..  try finishing one UFO,  then allow yourself to

start and complete another project, then another UFO.. it really works..

That quilt could also be used for other "features"  like old time clothes washing

items, the tub, the washboard, etc, then there's  gardening tools,  mens tools,

carpentry, leaves from trees, insects, etc.  just loads of things. 

What a wonderful idea you gave to us with your so pretty quilt.

thank you!

Rita

You and I could be twins because I have a bunch of finished tops that aren't quilted either.  Worse than that...I'm staring at three quilts right now that would be finished if I would just sew the borders on.  Sheesh!  One I promise I will finish today and the other two by the weekend for sure.  Then I'm going to load one on the LA and get going.  Hurry up with your quilt so you can "spur" me on.  lol...I'm sorry for that one...couldn't help myself this morning.  You have a very nice quilt.

I get in a piecing mood and make several tops.........then I get in a quilting mood and get them quilted...........Since I learned to sew bindings on with the longarm, that helps, but I still have to whip them down.   Sometimes I take them to my Mom at Assisted Living, as she likes to do that part.     Doing the bindings is my least favorite part of making a quilt.   

Archived