Bonnie Hunters mystery

I always save the steps even if I don't make it.  That way if it is one I end up loving, I can still make it after the fact.  I made Old Tobacco Road which I adore.  Double Pink Delight (still needs quilting and I am not crazy about it).  Roll, Roll Cotton Boll (still needs quilting).  I love itty bitty pieces so I think her quilts are fun. 

Gail

Just one week away and the first clue will be out.  I am anxious to get started.  Like I don't already have enough to do.   This is just plain fun though and mindless piecing.  I like that.  I may have to hire the cleaning fairies to straighten up the studio though if I want to have room to work.  hee hee

LOL Jeanne it is the completely not knowing what I'm going to get in the end.  I like to have a plan and know exactly where I'm going...yup control freak!  LOL

I'm the same way Heidi. BUT, I think this year I'm just going to let myself be surprised. Using up some stash will feel good all by itself. If I get a nice quilt out of it, so much the better. And if I can't use it, I'll donate it. I think forcing myself to let go of the control might be just what I need this year.

I'm gathering the stuff for Bonnies....the store I went to did not have Olympic paint chips so I got some others .....I think I went brighter as there was a comment about the orange not being Halloween orange....I think some of oranges are!  OK...this is going to be a bright quilt.  I think I have the rulers she is using...I also went to that inklingo website to check out that method.....I am not sure about doing that method ....but I will wait and see what the blocks look like....to get to the mystery page.....I use the "blog" button on bonnies site and near the top...there is a listing of links in light blue/grey  and just click on Celtic Solstice ...I am waiting for the 29th...no shopping for me!  Lin 

Cathy

were you able to get the link at the top to go to Bonnies Blog.  If so just look for the Celtic  Solace Mystery link.  it is usually the last link to the right on the top of the page.  if not just google bonnie hunter mystery quilt and you should be able to go from there.

I'm not sure WHY we need the paint chips. I'm just picking out 4 colors in LOTS of scraps and pieces.

Me too Darlene

Who needs paint samples.  I am just digging into my stash and trying to lighten the load.  Warning last year I thought well I have tons of Christmas fabric. By the time I finish this mystery I will go through most of my xmas stash.  Wrong.  It didn't even seem to make a dent.  LOL  It is nice however to feel like you have made a whole quilt out of nothing but scraps that would otherwise not get used up in this lifetime. 

Cathy

were you able to get the link at the top to go to Bonnies Blog.  If so just look for the Celtic  Solace Mystery link.  it is usually the last link to the right on the top of the page.  if not just google bonnie hunter mystery quilt and you should be able to go from there.

Thank you I did!  I didn't know to look for Celtic Soltice - I want to try it too!

I don't mind mystery quilts,   lol,   for others.

For me, the tiny pieces cause a lot of problems in trying to handle them.. AND  I need to know what is going to be the dominant color.  I'd hate to make a quilt thinking orange and purple are just accents to have it come out as the most prominant.

Too many ufo's to finish to begin new projects..  lol, though I did cut and mark fabrics and batting to make 12 of the  microwave pot holders..

It will just be fun gifts for someone.  LOL,  don't know who.. Easy to send via mail, so not a huge problem there.

Good luck to all, and please, let us see some progress, and the finished project.

Rita

Archived