NQR

I just had to come in and brag.  We went out to San-Lee today, the county park with 2 ponds..

they are seperated with a dam, and the dam has a walkway on it for people fishing, hikers, bikers, etc

I was using my skinny tiny pole and ended up with the pole flexing into a U a few times.

Turns out I had a 29" Catfish on the hook.

Had to walk to the start of the walk and go down the boat ramp to get it to the bank where we could

secure it.

What a thrill!     I got so excited I set of the asthma and bronchio spasms, and had to use my emergency

inhaler.  Was worth it this time!

Gotta see if I can get picts and download.. still fighting Windows Photo ^$P{#%)(*I+_@*$^^#  danged

thing!

Later, going to go cook supper after the picts.. Nope, no fish for supper tonight, it needs to be in the fridge a

day or so to taste good.

We will have turkey, rice, onion and celery mixed, inside a crepe.. with a bit of poultry gravy or white gravy

it so SOOO good !!

Later ,  

Rita

Glad you had a good time.  Sounds like you did better than my hubby and friend yesterday.  They went ice fishing and hubby didn't catch anything on his pole, he did get to help the friend bring in one when the reel got stuck.  Guess what he is fixing tonight----but not until we are done with rosettes and onion rings, not allowed to fishy up my food!

Merry Christmas  lkl,  and everyone

I guess I should be some kind of a celebrity out at the park.   :rolleyes:       rofl

So far I caught the biggest caught in the lower pond, and the upper pond.

I doubt there are any that size left.  Am trying to get the pict into Flicker..

and on Face Book.

I wish each of you could find time/place/day to go fishing for any kind.

I'd love a mess of blue gill or sun fish. 

We were canoe fishers before..  loved it.  got too heavy for me to help get it

off the trailer, and in many cases, carry to the water.  Never tried a kayak,

maybe I will put that on my list of things I still want to try or do.  it's getting longer.

We are going to watch for a nice day and go up to Jordan Lake, the minimum size

of crappe  is 12".  lol in Ca we were doing good to get a 5 or 6" incher.

I need to check out the kind.. not sure of it right now.

Rita

Congratulations Rita!! I grew up cat fishing at my Grandpas pond. My hubby and son love to fish! My Aunt used to have a fish fry every year. It was wonderful! Last fish fry we went to, one of my daughters turned her nose up at eating the fish. We told her it was chicken and she are it. Of course, then her siblings gladly informed her of what she had just really eaten. LOL!!

Thanks, Liam.. I have a pict of it, and am going to upload it to my flicker album.. then try to

follow Heidi M's instructions on posting here. 

LOL, shall see how that goes.

BTW, I am NOT photogenic, so the pict is as usual, ugly.  lol

Rita

Archived