Ultimate 1

SOLD>>> Dave just picked it up and he is really a very professional person. Had the machine out of the door in about 25 min. Great work.Sandy enjoy the machine. Hello everyone

I have an ultimate 1 with new EdgrRider wheels and new leaders installed, it has the 14' steel frame, but does not have a stitch regulator. the price is 3000. This is a 94 and in very good shape. We are in Troutman N.C.  This is a new price..... :)

post-61819-0-63992700-1391124582_thumb.jpg

post-61819-0-42463500-1391124601_thumb.jpg

post-61819-0-67948800-1391124620_thumb.jpg

post-61819-0-14914800-1391124635_thumb.jpg

post-61819-0-64163300-1391124656_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if a stitch regulator could be added to this machine and how much it might cost (ballpark figure)? Frame looks quite worn and possible rust, can that easily be refinished with some Krylon spray paint? Are new handle covers still available to replace the duct tape? Need some input before considering, I am in NC, first machine on this forum pretty close to me :)

Does anyone know if a stitch regulator could be added to this machine and how much it might cost (ballpark figure)? Frame looks quite worn and possible rust, can that easily be refinished with some Krylon spray paint? Are new handle covers still available to replace the duct tape? Need some input before considering, I am in NC, first machine on this forum pretty close to me :)

Here is a link to info about an after market stitch regulator.

http://intellistitch.com

Sue:  When you refurbish your frame, don't forget the rollers.  Mine were never painted under the leaders, and were a bit rusty.  I removed the old leaders, polished and painted the rollers, and then made new leaders and installed them.  BTW, the Intellistitch upgrade is great.  A really nice full function stitch regulator.  Well worth the cost.  Jim

The Ulti I is basically Millie's mom without the expensive jewelry :). There are many Ultimates out here yet, going strong, and we concur with Lynn's statement. Love mine and no regrets over spending +/- $3000 on the Intellistitch. The cost to add varies a bit depending on their travel cost to come to your machine's location. If you can coincide your install with another in the area your cost drops some (at least thats the way it was two years ago.) Great to see one come up in your area!

Does anyone know if a stitch regulator could be added to this machine and how much it might cost (ballpark figure)?  :)

This is a very good machine and if you are in the area please feel free to check it out or call and I can tell you more about it 704-528-9394. I had never used a machine without a regulator and i can hit 10 to 12 stiches per inch very easy on this one.

My husband I still need to discuss further, but quite interested, just figuring out if we can afford at this particular time, I want really want to start quilting not only for myself at home (have used LQS's long arm rental which is a Babylock) but also as a side business to my current employment. Wouldn't be able to upgrade to stitch regulator for quite awhile. I will call when I have a better plan how to finance this purchase...wish I had a $$$ tree in back yard,(LOL) I really am leaning toward this since it would be the least financial risk compared to other machines. I think trying out would help also, but don't want to waste your time until I'm more confident on financials. My thanks so much for the info and all the other input from others on the forum, the comments have been VERY helpful :)

One additional question I just thought of, does this have a ruler base? Was that an option available on this machine?

A ruler base is available through APQS and some other places (around $150).  You can make your own out of some quarter inch plexiglass, if you look at Rulermate and make something similar could be less than $25.

Nigel

If you want some inspiration  look at the pictures Valerie from pumkinpatchquilter has been posting.  She has had her Ultimate 1 non regulated for just over a year.  http://forum.apqs.com/index.php?/topic/35107-stunningly-pieced-red-and-tan-intense-custom-finished/

It would never be a waste of time for you to try out the machine. Anytime I can talk with another quilter I love it (I think that my husband is tired of hearing about quilts lol) Even if you don't buy it you are weclome to come and try it out .This one does not have the ruler base but the folks at APQS are great to help with things that the machine needs. i hope to meet you soon.

Archived