Bless her heart

Yes, it was pressed.  The strings were not trimmed, nor was it stay stitched.  I did the best I could, but things shrunk in interesting ways, so some of it is not exactly straight any more, and I had to use fray check to keep some of the fuzzy stuff from pulling out of the seams.  I sure hope it holds together, but she said she wanted to go ahead.  Wish me luck!

Good Luck.   I bet you will make it look wonderful.

After this last quilt, I am going to refuse any quilts with threads hanging, and/or seams sewn and pressed any which way.  It is just too hard to try to do all of it.. the girl knows better as I've quilted for her before, when we were friends.   Makes me sad though as it probably is her age catching up, she seems to be slipping.  Poor soul.

Rita

It is finished and looks good!  I don't know if I can speak as to how it's going to wash, though, since some of those seams are so very close to coming loose.  I managed to get things mostly straight, despite some weird shrinking issues where some things were on grain and some weren't, and I am happy with how it turned out.  I know she has to wash it, though, as soon as she binds it, because there was a stain on the front.

Archived