How about molar feathers with a small spiral in the center and cc or terry twist in the color fabrics squares!!!  BTW Linda Rech helped me with this design!!!

Check this one out and used the arrows to the left to see more pictures!!!  Click on the picture and it will go to flickr.

10069106374_c01df462e0.jpg
002 by delld1964, on Flickr

Have you checked out Judi Madsen's new book Quilting Wide Open Spaces? She has a lot of designs for 9 patches; they are fabulous but  would be custom quilting. They fill the entire white space including in the 9 patch portion. Very beautiful.

Linda R., Yum!  That quilt is delicious BUT.....you know I'm not that good!  Debbie, That is a really good Idea!  Lisa, I will check out that quilter for sure! Dell, did you mark out that feather before you quilted it? 

Check my flickr page. Here is the first page below and once you are there arrow to the left and you will see the video !  Good luck!

10088176743_5002a14cdd.jpg
001 by delld1964, on Flickr

Dell, what is that canoe you have there and where did you get it.  Is that one of the nesting ovals?

You guys are too good.  Thanks for all your help! :P

That little melon  (canoe) is from Kimmyquilt.com. They are called Melon Template set. I used it because it was handy and just right but you could use any curve shape you have or circle shape to mark the line so you can have them all looking almost alike and even!  Good luck!

https://kimmyquilt.danemcoweb.com/shop/product/melon-template-set/

This is much like the Quilt of Valor I received yesterday.  She just used 9 patches alternating with white.. Feathers is on my mind for all the white,

not sure yet, what will be done in the 9 patch blocks.. maybe something roundish.. not straight lines though.

Eagerly waiting to see what you do..

Rita

Archived