Moving - Liberty with 12' Table - Minivan?

Checking to see if anyone has ever tackled moving a system with a 12' table in a minivan (Chrysler Town & Country).  My husband is convinced it can be done, I am not.  It is a Liberty machine with a 12' table.  We can fit a 12' foot rod in the minivan and still get the door shut, but it sits diagonally within the interior and is a simple rod.  I'm concerned about the more complicated components.  I've never moved a longarm before and we're test driving and hopefully purchasing this used machine all in one trip.  Any thoughts/advice appreciated.

Thanks!

Janet

Janet

If you just take the legs off, the table should be about 12' x 24 inches.   If you have to breakdown the table the rails are 12 feet by about 3 inches.  So you will have  4 rollers and 2 rails 12 feet long if you have to break it down.  Everything else is small.  You should be able to do this with a minivan.  Also the plexiglas is just under 6 feet by 22 inches.

Hope this helps

Nigel

Hi Janet,

I bought my Millennium with 14' table used from a friend who lives about two hours away from me.  We disassembled it and brought it home in my husband's pickup truck.  The machine head went in the space behind the seats cushioned with towels and everything else went in the back of the pickup.  I was really nervous having the rails hanging off the end by about 3 or 4 feet, but we got it home with almost no issues and seems to be working just fine (LOL, it even stayed perfectly threaded on the trip!)  I say almost no issues because the fluorescent light got broken putting it into the truck.  Other than that, no issues at all.  I would imagine that the minivan would work just fine.  Melissa

Does your mini van have roof racks. Put them up there and fasten them down really well. If you have to put it inside pad the ends so they don't crack your windshield and back window and secure them down somehow. In case you have to hit the breaks or something.

Shirley

I will be moving my system to MI soon.  Everyone, just a little reminder,  save your machines "head box" for later use.  It's  made to fit/protect your machine.  The box will be needed for trips back the factory for  SPA treatments and an occasional move.  If you buy a used machine, ask for the orginal box.

Archived