Okay, that is what I get for looking at the organizing blogs my daughter told me about!  (She is an organizing fiend!!)  Now I am putting things away, boxing up things for goodwill, cleaning, washing shower curtains, trashing stuff, going thru paperwork!!  It feels good, but I had better pace myself!  Going to get some new throw rugs and towels; everything around here is worn out and tired looking!  My husband is clutching the debit card in fear!   LOL  No sewing today probably!

Peggy, I did the same thing last month. I had to put my beloved 18-year-old cat to sleep (heartbreaking) and found myself wandering and all of a sudden cleaning and organizing things that I never thought I would. It was a kind of therapy in a way. I think that is what spring is all about, things being renewed! Have fun with all that wonderful organizing!!

Peggy, I did the same thing last month. I had to put my beloved 18-year-old cat to sleep (heartbreaking) and found myself wandering and all of a sudden cleaning and organizing things that I never thought I would. It was a kind of therapy in a way. I think that is what spring is all about, things being renewed! Have fun with all that wonderful organizing!!

Bonnie, I lost my beloved Meiling this spring and I still catch myself looking for her evey time I come in the door. She always greeted me there.

So sorry about losing you cats!  I recently had to put my cat Zoey down, and it was sooo hard.  I still feel so sad when I see pictures of her.  I really miss her.  I have 5 more cats and a dog, tho, and 3 guinea pigs.

Today I focused on paper.  I went thru lots of papers on my desk and in the kitchen, and recycled so much, it felt great.  Now I have to clean off my desk and go thru my files.

Papers and sorting trashing or filing them is what boggs me down.  Maybe I'll just dedicate a couple of days to doing nothing but sorting/trashing and get at least most of that job done and over with.  How I hate doing it!!!

Rita

Rita, I know it is a bummer.  Tons of paper coming into the house on a regular basis, as well as grandkids' artwork.   I recycled tons of stuff from our file drawers and some kitchen drawers, lots of old papers and coupons.  I am going to cut a few coupons, but I am going to keep it simpler.  It is just too much work. It is nice to have space in our files, instead of them being crammed full.  My office is also my paper crafting room so I have lots of office and crafting supplies, inks, pens, die cutting machine, etc.  I revamped our kitchen binder, it has imp. numbers, doctors, lists, birthday dates, pet vaccine dates, anything I need to access quickly.  I also ordered some new rugs and towels on Amazon.  I need to spruce up the place a bit!  Also asked hubby to paint a few things for me; I cannot do much painting; too hard and painful for me.   My sewing room is pretty messy, but that will be on the agenda perhaps next week.   Whew!!!!!  I am pooped!

After 26 years in this house, we are packing up to move across country. I am trying to sort through everything, so I don't move a bunch of unnecessary stuff. Lots of trips to the thrift store, books to the Friends of the Library, a pile for a yard sale and lots of trash!!!

This is my biggest "spring cleaning " job yet!!

Oh boy, good luck Linda.  This is the perfect opportunity for you to scale down, but it is a lot of work!!  At least you can feel motivated by getting a new house.

I would like to remind everybody not to put papers into the trash with personal info on them.  Shred or burn them.  Can't be too careful these days.  Luckily for me, my hubby got a new fire pit, and I have got the fuel for him!

Have any of you seen "Flylady?"  She has a system for dejunking your home and keeping it up on  a regular basis.

When we moved into our current home about 10 years ago we got rid of 4 huge (full size) dumpsters full to the top (these were the 8 ft tall ones) before we moved. I was very ill at the time and we have never fully recovered from the mess of the move (though I am much better...was actually recovering from surgery at the time of the move). With busy lives and daughters who keep moving (while we hold on to some stuff for them) I wonder if we will ever de-clutter...probably at least another 1-2 dumpsters that could go...

Dave

Well, my purging and organizing and sewing has been completely derailed again.  My neck is really hurting.  Everything goes on hold and I just sit here and watch tv or try to do handwork.  This is soooo frustrating!  Not sure what set it off this time, I never am.  I had not done anything heavy; my husband moves things for me.  Have to wait it out now.  My son's step daughter is graduating this Friday and I will not be able to go and sit thru a church ceremony and reception afterward.  I will have to miss this one.

Hubby wants junk room and laundry room cleaned out. On ou local FB garage sale site a couple who is expecting had their storage unit broken into and all the baby stuff they had been given and bought stolen. My grandkids have outgrown the crib and baby swing as the youngest is 5 so I am going to go thru it and make them a pile. It is better than hauling it to the dumps. I'm not going to do a garage sale, as I have too many toys in the garage to move. So as soon as I get this quilt done, I'm cleaning this weekend. My son can be slave labor when they get done riding motorcycles. I would say in time you will stop looking for your pet, but I still look for different ones of ours that have passed. Some along time ago. Some things just bring their memory back.

Shirley

Shirley, that sounds like a great idea, giving your extra things to people who need them.  The few garage sales I have had have not been worth the work.  I hardly made any money.  You will feel so good when it is all gone!  I was really going at it, but am still in too much pain to do anything.  I am sooo frustrated. 

Archived