I finally did it...stupid, stupid, stupid!!!

DoryJM

Yep, I did it.  I was drawing along on my mylar "test the pattern" sheet and drew right off the edge. Lovely BLACK dry erase marker on my WHITE fabric. Notice I said "my." I am so fortunate that it is my quilt that will bear this lasting black mark and not a customers. WHEW!!

Any ideas how to remove it...or at least lessen the black to a less noticeable gray???

I'm such a DOPE!!!! :o

I am not sure about black erase marker....but we used to get ball point ink off our nursing uniforms back in the day with rubbing alcohol....I was always getting ink on them from the pens in my pockets....I also used it to get the ink off my brand new car.....that came home with me from the dealers....I think the salesman had an open pen!  Yikes!   But the ink came off so easily, I really could not make an issue of it   :)  Lin

Cheap hairspray also removes ballpoint ink............one time our Music Boosters hosted a theater show and some of the idiot parents let their kids scribble all over the WHITE tablecloths with ball point ink pens !   Someone told us to spray the ink with cheap hairspray, wait a little while and then launder.   Everything came out !  

I learned the hard way to put painters tape on the edges on the edges of my plexiglass. Only mine was a customer quilt. I thought I would have a heart attack. Fortunately it was black marker on a burgundy border. UNfortunately I NEVER got it out. I tried every thing I could think of and it never came out. Hope you have better luck. I'd love to know about the end result.

Archived