Beautiful Applique Quilt.....finished!!

After many hours of work, this beautiful applique quilt is finished, finally.....I was beginning to think I'd always be quilting it! When I first saw it, my heart stopped, and my mind said, "you can't quilt at this level"......I hope I have. Credit goes to Sherry R-Harrison for the basket weave border idea, although I doubt I'll ever do that large an area with it again....very time consuming...but the effect is great. The other areas are quilted to accent or echo something in the block. Many thanks to Myrna and Patty who tried to help me figure out what to do in the frames around each applique...simple straight lines worked great! I used matching Isacord thread in most areas. There will be umpteen shots on my webshots page if you want to see each block. Thanks for looking!

post--13461897938611_thumb.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gorgeous work Barbara! I can see that it took a very long time to quilt. Did you keep a timesheet? How long did it take? I'm keeping time sheets so that I have a good idea what I can do in how much time. Did you get faster at it as you progressed? The basket weave pattern does look really nice and having lattice with flowers is a good theme choice.

Vicki

I didn't think I could feel any higher after finishing this quilt.....but your comments have just lifted me up a few more feet. Thank you so much! This is a customer's quilt, and she will enter it in a show in South Carolina in April, and possibly Jacksonville, Florida. I can't wait to see how it does.

She is planning on scalloping the outer border....what patience!

Barbara,

I agree with all the rave reviews already given. Your quilting truly complements the lovely applique. I can see the work in it. I think that my favorite part is the pebbles to McT into a swirl. Love that piece! I have to say, though, that the trellis is fabulous.

I wish I could see the whole quilt with each block. When I went to your webshots page, the last activity was 23 Jan. I looked in Custom 2007 but it was not there. Are you still uploading? ;)

I did see that Hawaiian album. WOW. :) I have a Hawaiian that I am about to load. I'm sure that I will refer to that album for inspiration.

Congrats on finally finishing this show winning quilt.

Barbara I bet you are happy to finsh that and you did a wonderful creative job on it. I love the variety of things you did in the close up shots. I guess you have uped the bar for the level of work you can do......................congratulations and best of luck in the show. You and the piecer made a great team on that one.

Barbara, OHHHHH my gooodnessss, what a beautiful quilt. I can hardly wait to get to that level. I love the basket weave, I love the little pearls, oh man I love it all. Did you plan the complete top before you started?

I hope I see the quilt at Kansas in June.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rebecca Martinez

Cottage Quilter

Rockton, Il

Archived