IntelliStitch is no Longer an After Market S/R Option

Just thought I would share.  Many of you know I have been going back and forth as to upgrading my machine or adding I/S.  I was just informed after two months of waiting and a bit of run around that I/S is no longer doing installations.  I'm really disappointed!  I should have taken note when I got the run around the first time but have been hanging in there hoping that this could still be an option for me.  I am really left pretty offended at the interaction (or lack there of - I really felt like I had to beg for a response) considering these folks still sell I/Q and are the main stitch regulators for Noltings.  In any case it went from "moving away from installations" to "no more installations".  How crummy to keep me hanging on and hopeful and truly, I personally felt it was handled crummy.  I understand business - if you're not making money - but don't string me along and keep me in the lurch.

Anyhow I know that this is a selling point for those of us using non-regulated older APQS machines.  Not that it makes my machine any less worthy, I still do a LOT with it, but now I know if I want S/R I'll have to get a whole new set up.  As far as I know this was the only company offering after market stitch regulation - so now it looks as if that's no longer an option.

I haven't heard of Quilt EZ - I thought I/S was the only one out there.  Thanks I will look into it!  :)  I was scared when I heard "moving away" the first time...but went back because we have a baby on the way and this would have been about half the price of trading in machine head for a newer machine just to get the S/R.  Oy!  Well, at least I know for sure now as we had been sitting on the money and keeping our schedule open!  Gah!

Do not go with Quilters Cruise control. I had a Gammill Classic and took it to Missouri to have it upgraded. He did not tell me it was the afore mentioned SR brand. I just assumed it would be the right one. After that when I shut  down SR my machine only ran 1/10 of the original speed. Ruined it as far as I was concerned. I looked it up and it is for a midarm, not a longarm. Buyer beware. I sold it and bought a Millie but I still don't use SR as I do pantos. Carol

Thank you for the heads up Carol!  I am thinking I will likely end up purchasing a newer or trade in for a new machine.  I would like another APQS but it really just comes down to money.  I really want a machine to help me do the kind of work I do on my Juki on my long arm - but faster. I can do it without S/R but it kills my hands hitting stop and start constantly to control speed.  I'm even open to buying an HQ 16 and using that for show quilts so I can leave my quilts on the frame for long periods of time and using my APQS for my business.  OH my - time will tell!   :)

If there are any other after market S/R's out there please share!  I'm so frustrated at this point with I/S - and I'm not going to beg to throw my hard earned money at them if they don't really care about my business.  Such a shame after so many on this board have had good experiences.

They were just offering a $500.00 discount around Christmas time if you bought both, the IQ & IS? I hope they would still offer if you buy both................ I do understand since they have to make arrangements to come and put them on your machine.

Do you use IQ or Quilt Path?

Noel - no net yet!  I was interested in adding I/Q down the road but am not prepared to do it just yet!  Oh well.  It's irritating but nothing I can do.  :(  Just wanted to share because I know a lot of folks suggested I/S when I first bought my machine.  Good to know at least there is another option out there with Quilt EZ.  ;)

Don't forget that you could also look at getting a gently used APQS machine. I've enjoyed watching your progression from when you first got your longarm and have been impressed with how well you manage a non-stitch regulated machine. I have found that my customers who owned a non-stitch regulated machine first and then get a stitch regulated one find that they bounce back and forth between using their machine in SR mode for some things and then turning it off for other things. 

A used Freedom might be the perfect fit for you- especially on Bliss. Plus, our used machines have a one year warranty. The two available right now are:

Freedom

·        2006 Freedom * Retail $10,600 - Sale $9,399   (silver, L bobbin)

·        2007 Freedom * Retail $11,000 - Sale $9,799   (silver, L bobbin)

co These come with a NEW table (your choice of size). The table is "Bliss Ready" so you can add Bliss to it for $1,000 or you could also wait a bit to add Bliss and it would still be $1,000 later.  Call your local dealer for more info or you can give me or the factory a ring.

I think you'd enjoy the benefits of a new-to-you Stitch Regulated machine (especially on Bliss). My biggest advice is not to shop just on price alone as you determine what brand you want to go with for your next machine. I'm glad you've had experience with our machines and I'm glad you've been able to experience the customer service and support that APQS is known for. I think you'd also fall head over heels with how very, very different our machines are from the APQS machines of yesteryear which you've been working on. No doubt, all of the APQS machines are true work horses and will stand the test of time. But the new features and technology contained within longarms built after the stitch regulator was introduced will make you feel like a pampered girl. :)

Good luck with your decision and do let us know what you decide. I personally am looking forward to seeing you fly with your new creative partner whatever that may be. :) 

Archived