My latest......

Teresa - it's all freehand.......I used a creamy color Aurifil in the main part and a YLI varigated purple in the border......

Thanks, everyone! It is my 2nd customer quilt on the Millennium.....I had a (sshhhhh!) Nolting Hobby Quilter for 3 years prior to getting the Millennium.

OK, now I understand. You had a Nolting for 3 years. ....

I read your first post , saw the photo, was amazed and said to myself "She got her Millie a month ago and she quilts like that? How can that be??"

Your quilting is fabulous. No wonder. You had 3 years of practice on the Nolting. LOL :P

So tell us, how was the transition? I'm sure that there are other quilters out there who are wondering how hard it was to move over to a Millie.

Since you were quilting for 3 years on the Nolting, you probably brought you customer base with you. I would also be curious to know if your customers notice any difference in the quilts done on your Millie. Keep us posted.

Linda,

it was an easy transition........the Millennium is so easy to use! I really wanted to be able to do more things.....with more control. The HQ was a great learning machine - no bells, whistles or SR! I had to learn to control my stitch length so using the Millennium w/o SR is easy. And, I love having much more space! The HQ was on an 8' table so I was limited to smaller sized quilts. I could do pantos though..........I haven't tried one with the Millie.

My customer base is my stitching/quilting group......about 9 people. I will be expanding that soon...........gotta get my name out there! And lots of samples made up.........

I got the flowers from a book called "250 Continuous-Line Quilting Designs".....by Laura Lee Fritz. At least the basics of the design.......

I really love free motion quilting and love flowers, leaves, vines etc.

Thank you all for the nice complements.......it is very encouraging!

I have that book, if only I could find it! I was looking for it when Vicki was here. I really must get organized. :P Your quilting is gorgeous. I too was stunned when you said you got your Millie last month. Glad to know you have been practicing on the nolting for 3 years.

Laurie - I am sure glad you figured-out how to post photos!! I learned by

reading Lindas instructions too..... she does that well, doesn't she....

Love the quilting! Very nice flowers and leaves - thanks for sharing and we

look forward to seeing more of your work! Welcome to the forum and glad

you are having a good time with you MnM!~:D

Judi! If you want to see more of what I have done, please visit my webshots album. I added more photos in the Customer Quilts album (at the end) and also some photos in the My Quilts album (also at the end).

Off to start the next customer job.....an Irish chain that is 81 x 81, with an eyelash border inside and with mitered borders at the egde and not entirely square :-). A tiny challenge for me to make it square.......

Laurie - I did just take a look at your webshots.... nice quilting! Love that

sand & surf quilt - very nice blocks! Cute litttle Ruby - - how old is she?

We had to just say goodbye to our Chocolate Lab - Sparky - she would

have been 12 years old this june....:( She was bone 1 week after we were

married. I told my girls that we have had her longer than them! We all miss

her.....silly me - tears again... the picture did it..... time to go.....

Archived