Prayer quilt finished - pictures

Just wanted to let everybody know that Mr. England passed away during the night. The cancer had taken his entire body over in the end.

Here are a couple of pictures of the prayer quilt I pieced and quilted for my boss. They gave it to him today. He really liked it. He has terminal cancer and treatments are not doing anything to help him. He came by the school today to say he has officially resigned and will no longer be visiting us at school because he doesn't feel up to it. :(

If you have a prayer list at your church, please add his name

Robert England to your list.

post--13461897977247_thumb.jpg

Hi, Teresa.

I was admiring this quilt. I love it. I absolutely adore scrappy quilts. I think making this quilt scrappy was PERFECT! I think its scrappy fabrics represent on all of the many different personalities of the people who signed this quilt. It is so warm and caring and special....hmmm...maybe it's because YOU are so warm and caring and special. :)

PS: Honey, are you sure you're old enough to be a grandma? You look so young!

Shana, the scraps have meaning actually. The lights represent hope and the darks represent love. The baptist fans are for faith, and there are prayers in every block. It's our way of asking for a miracle.

Sylvia, thanks for the compliment. Yes, I'm that old. I was born in 1964. Some days I feel old, some days I feel 20. It depends on where I am and what I'm doing.:)

• 5 months later...

Teresa, I am so sorry to learn about the death of your boss and dear friend, Mr. England.

However, I am so glad that he was able to spend his final days knowing that he was very much loved. Your quilt reminded him of that daily and I am sure he treasured every heartfelt message.

You are an angel, Teresa.

((((HUGGING YOU))))

Shana

Theresa, you are really doing the Lord's work in making that quilt. i know his family will treasure it for a long time. My husband is Jewish and a good deed like that is called a Mitzbah. It means doing a good deed for someone else. That is what I love about quilting you can send love and care out to people with your quilts and quilting. Cheryll

• 3 weeks later...

Archived