Letter from Himself (RitaR's husband)

First, let me start off by apologizing for not posting this sooner.  I received a thank you letter from Rita's husband, Roland (a.k.a Himself) at the end of June. 

I want to thank you and all the gals on the APQS forum.  I know Rita really enjoyed talking to you all.  I want to thank you for the lovely quilt you all made for Rita.  I finally put it on our bed last week.  It lightens up the room.  I still stop and read some of the comments that you all wrote.

I believe my daughter. Val, let you all know of Rita's passing on Mother's Day.  I had met her on the Wednesday before Mother's Day in 1957, Val was born on the Saturday before Mother's Day of 1966, and she passes on Mother's Day.

Roland then wrote of a number of times he and Rita met up with people from the forum while they were traveling, and how much they enjoyed that.  He concluded by saying,

Still stay in touch.  It's by phone for me, I'm not a computer whiz.

Tell all the gals on the forum hello for me.  I've enjoyed the people from APQS and the visit we had there in '09.  It's only 60 miles from my home town of Mapleton.

If you would like Roland's phone number or mailing address, please PM me, and I will get that to you.  It's not something I am comfortable posting publicly on the forum.

Sorry again for the delay in sharing this letter.  I tucked it in my computer bag with the intention of posting it while I was up north at our cottage, but then forgot all about it.  You know what they say about good intentions . . .

Betsy, thank you so much for posting the letter from himself.  I can read how lonely he must be.  I'm so joyed that we made the quilt and that it is giving him comfort.  Please PM me his address, I want to send him a card for the holidays.  Linda, I love the picture, I don't think they ever took a bad one.  They adored each other.

Gosh, I'm really sorry to hear about Rita. I haven't been on here in so long, but I know she suffered with a lot of pain and health issues. I was looking back through the forum and it really looks like she had hopes the surgery she was to undergo would help.  I will always remember her dry humor with and about 'himself'. What a beautiful picture of them above.

Archived