So many friends

Hi Myrna. I didn't have a class with you, but did get to meet you briefly in between my classes. :D

I also wanted to meet Claudia, but it didn't happen. Maybe next year.... :( However, I did get to help photograph that beautiful quilt!! Both front and back were stunning!!

I did get to meet Norece in a class with Irena Bluhm. Four of us went out for dinner after the class. We had a great time gabbing for several hours!! :)

I had a Jamie Wallen class on Wednesday with Sharon. Lucky her. She won one of the door prize in the class. :D

I saw Ramona-Quilter and Mary Beth as I was going between classes, but didn't get to stop and say hello. :(

Lastly, I met a gal from Hawaii on Monday morning that was at the show to buy a longarm. I talked to her awhile about my Millenium. We had a class together Friday afternoon and I found out that she purchased an APQS during the week. She said it will be shipped in 4 months. I wonder if anyone will get to deliver the machine to Hawaii and assemble it?? :cool:

Debbi

Hey Debbi; yes, winning Jamie Wallen's "Cottontracks" book/CD was pretty awesome. My friend and I got to class really early and we loaded his work fabric for him. He gave both of us a copy of Cottontracks --- so I asked him if I could trade one of mine for his new to be issued book. Not that I'm greedy, but guess I wanted both! I also won a door prize in another class. Maybe I should have bought a lottery ticket that day. MQS was so exciting this year and I learned so much from everyone. Just sitting and talking to other quilters can provide tons of great information. I went absolutely thread crazy and can't wait to try them all. I played on Miss Lennie for a while, what a special girl; APQS on the cutting edge once again! Congratulations to you Debbi for your awards. See you at LA Guild!

Sharon.

Ladies,

Thank you SO much for your encouragement and support.

The machine will be shipped once I finalize financing!!!! I AM excited beyond belief.

The classes were wonderful and I was inspired by ALL of you!

At this point, the machine will be shipped by it's lonesome. My husband will attempt to set it up (I am technically challenged)! Hope the documentation and video will do the trick!

Grateful...

Hawaii Barbara

Hi Barbara, and a huge welcome! I sat next to you in a class with Jamie Wallen. So glad to see that you got a machine. What kind did you get? You are in for so much fun and since you've had the smaller set-up you will be all set to go! I'm so excited for you.....enjoy the ride!:cool:

Barbara,

Welcome to the forum and to the world of longarm quiltng. If you need help setting up that machine...I would be happy to come over for moral support!! I've watched my husband set mine up 3 times so I'm sure I could watch yours too ;)

Congratulations on your purchase, you will have a blast!!

Mary Beth

• 11 months later...

OKAY As a newbie also, I have to find out more about this Kansas place. How much? Where and When in 2008? I have read all your comments and sounds like a great time and learing experience. I have a yr to learn on my own and that way I will know (maybe) what I\'m talkin\' about know the lingo.

When ever you are ready Barb, you have my cell and email. Give me a call if you have questions! Did you have a good time? Seem I never have enough time to just chat.

Don\'t you love the updated Millie. I have had mine for 6 week and just got to quilt with her yesterday. SIGHHHHHH;)

OK you ladies have made me so jealous with all your wonderful memories of MQS so I just have to tell you I am having a pretty wonderful time at MCS - that\'s the Mediterranean Cruise Ship I am currently on:cool:. I didn\'t get to see any of your awesome quilts but today I did get to see the Pieta and the Sistine Chapel, Ahh - Now I feel better:D

• 3 years later...

Wow, this brought back memories! No regrets at all, worth every penny and my machine is STILL humming along!!!

Before realizing this was an old post, I was going to ask about the new APQS owner in Hawaii, in order to connect with her, ha... have already connected. LOL!

Archived