Customer Quilt Pictures

This quilt was made by a guild friend. She made it for her cool, hip, going to college son. He is a metal head so I decided to quilt something tattoo-ie. The border and edge to edge is CompuQuilterDesigns.com tribal panto. The small inner border is by Ellen Munich. I used Superior's Brytes. I would have preferred if she would have brought me a grey batting. FYI- lesson learned.

post--13461898400148_thumb.jpg

"Gaget Girl Goes Goth!", I can see the headline now! I love this, Cheryll! All those beautiful pointy points, this is a perfect guy quilt! DD has a tribal tat on her ankle, which is cool, I never could stop her from drawing on herself!

Now I have a quilty question. One of the things that always turned me off about machine quilting, (before I saw the light), is puffs. I really like a nice, flat smooth look with just the little bit of puffy wrinkles you get after they are washed. I know denser quilting keeps the puffs at bay but I've seen many quilts with open spaces the same size as the ones on this quilt that have puffs that I don't see here. I do NOT like puffs! Still a wannabe here so be kind!

Absolutely wonderful. Someday, I'm going to quilt like that. Love the red thread on the black. Getting ready to make my grandson a quilt. He plays the trumpet and I found a cool continous line pattern with trumpet and notes. His school colors and black and orange so I was thinking of quilting on the black squares with orange and on the orange squares with black. After seeing this, I'm sure that's what I want to do. Love the pattern also

J

Cheryl,

Can you send a link to these designs, it is really fun & unique!

Don't you just love CQ for the fact that you can be bold & daring & use completely contrasting thread colors?!:P

Tattoo art quilts, humm, now that may be a new catagory that the quilt shows need!! :cool:

Thanks everyone!

I've got a whole folder with these kind of designs. I'm working out the whole digitizing thing right now. So much to do so little time..... JoAnn was nice enough to digitize this for me quickly! Thank you JoAnn!

KENNA! You always make me laugh! About the non-puffy look. I think it is all about the batting (low loft, thin) and making sure your quilt is pinned down nice and flat to the batt. & backing. Others may have more to offer here.

Hobbs makes (or at least used to make) a grey batting. I would like grey because the white batt. shows though the black fabric (pokies) and a black batt. would be to dark for the white fabric.

Yeah, if you want your thread to show use the BRYTES.

Yes, this Tribal panto is great because it is not FRU-FRU. Which is really not my style either. It does make for a nice guy pattern. Or a not so girly girl!

When I was a teenager my bedding & room was all white, black and red! My son's like these colors too!

CQ IS AWESOME! this quilt only took me about 4 hours!

I'm working on some pin striping designs too. I've been drawing them for years and have not done anything with them .....YET!

http://www.compuquilterdesigns.com/joann.htm

- the link for the Tribal Panto.

http://quiltrecipes.com/tradepatterns.htm - the sashing

I just showed that quilt to my son and he loved it. He too is going away to college next week....:( I have been telling him all summer that I want to make him a quilt to take with him when he leaves and he couldn't make up his mind what he wanted. He said he wouldn't mind one like that one. :P

I love the tribal panto.

Hay Girl

When on earth do you have time to quilt???? I just saw that design when I was at JoAnn's last week.... I love it!!!! Now if I only had a compu quilter maybe I to would have time to quilt LOL Hay I am still working on getting my pictures from last week onto my computer but I will send you some photos soooooon, see if you can pick me out of the crowd:P It was beautiful there and JoAnn and hubby Rob were wonderful !!!! Jon and I can't wait to go back next year... I think JoAnn should host classes out there... we could work all morning and site see every afternoon;):P What do say JoAnn ?????:cool:

Black Hills retreat sounds wonderful. We've broken ground on the new bunk house which should be done by next summer. I will have to post some pictures of the progress.

We could have classes, trunk shows, parties, motorcycle runs, bon fires, slumber parties, horse back riding, oh my... this could be fun.

Do you think Jon and Robb could do the cooking, chuckwagon style?

Thanks again everybody!

I find time to quilt by neglecting my family and having a messy house! You should see the quilted Cardinal banner I made last Friday for my son's football team. I'll have to post some pics.

I can't wait to see your pictures! JoAnn's are great!

I LOVE SD! Glad you guys had fun. JoAnn is the BEST hostess I've ever had! I'm in for the retreat!

Archived