Northwest get together

Some interest has been shown for another meet-up of Northwest stitchers.

Maxine Gregory has offered her studio for a meeting.

Maxine lives in Hillsboro, Oregon.

The planned day is Friday November 9th.

She can accommodate 12 people (she has a beautiful space with huge windows and decorated with a Millie!)

We can fine-tune what the day will include a little later.

Anyone interested please email or U2U me and we will get this rolling!

Hi Linda - Count me in. DH Bill says for me to go. I think he needs to get me out of his hair for a day!!! Just let me know the particulars of time, address, etc. I would be happy to help with some snacks or ??? if that is going to be on the adjenda. Whooppee - I get to talk face to face with amazing LA'rs about quilting!!!!!! OK, now I'll be calm. How many days is that? Hours? Min?

I want to come but I don't think my cc can handle another trip right now!! You all have a good time........

I'm still recovering from Innovations.........just now getting caught up with my quilting. I really need to take the time to make studio samples from the classes I took. Has anyone else done this?

Huh?? Studio samples? Classes? Oh yeah--two weeks ago. I remember. I came home from my classes to a full load of tops--my Guild's quilt show is October 12 and 13 and we were supposed to have all quilts turned in at tonight's meeting. Ha ha *snort*!! Sorry--I'm pooped! Needless to say, I have two tops left to do and one of them is my only piecing project for the whole year! What do they say about the cobbler's chidren having no shoes? So I will work on mine tomorrow and another later in the week and hand-deliver to the show.

Shameless plug follows--------

The Washington Stars Quilt Guild Show will be October 12 and 13 from 9am to 5pm at the Thurston County Fairgrounds--3054 Carpenter Road in Olympia Washington. Featured quilter is Bev Dunivent.

Come visit--I'll show you all around!!

Pat it will be soooo good to see you. Tell Bill hi for me and Miguel. linda, wish I could be there to see your quilts but it is the same weekend as Women of Faith and I will be there. Will be sending best wishes for your quilt and lots of ribbons.

see you on the 9th as long as my boss is out of town or in trial.

I'll be there. I have given most of my finished quilts to the humanitarian project they were intended for, but can bring some pieced ones to get ideas on. Yeeehaaa. Quilt talk. BTW, I did my first completely freehand quilt yesterday. It was only a meandering, but it was on mainly black fabric with variegated thread and it looks great. No pics, but I did ride by on a horse really fast and did not see any mistakes. <VBG> next, I am going to try some feathers. That will be tomorrow. Cross my fingers, but Sherry Rogers Harrison said I can do it, so I will.

Hey, are we going to start our own longarm guild? I would volunteer to have it whenever someone else can't. I have a pretty good size studio with a Millie in it. 20x25 should accomdate plenty of us. And a warm cozy family room for treats.

Nancy

Prestige Quilts

A friend and I will be there for Friday night Oct 12, for the Judy Neimeyer trunk show then spending the night for the quilt show on Saturday. Don't have a clue where anything is I think we're leaving Astoria around 1:00 or 2:00 on Friday, let me know where we will find you if you want to be found!!:D

Originally posted by ffq-lar

Shameless plug follows--------

The Washington Stars Quilt Guild Show will be October 12 and 13 from 9am to 5pm at the Thurston County Fairgrounds--3054 Carpenter Road in Olympia Washington. Featured quilter is Bev Dunivent.

Come visit--I'll show you all around!!

one of these days I'll actually make sense on here and nobody will understand.

Linda, a friend and I will be in Olympia for the show please read previous post let's make a plan

Dale Owen

Moonquilting

Astoria

After being so inspired by all the wonderful and exciting energy at Innovations, I decided I just had to move my Liberty out of the basement...into the master bedroom (only available space--and just fit the 10ft table). So the master went into my sewing room, the sewing room had to move into the office, the office went into dining room/family room, so the dining table had to go into living room..........I'm EXHAUSTED!!!! And here I thought a trip to Tacoma was only going to exhaust my bank account; didn't reckon on my body as well!! :P But the Liberty has stopped pouting--so on with the show! Like Barb, a trip from Eastern Eastern Washington (as in Idaho) is a bit far, but I'm sure the NW get-together will be fabulous. Have a wonderful visit. It was wonderful to meet you all.

Caroline

Caroline,

Maybe we can drum up some interest in a smaller group of us "Eastern Eastern Washington" and Idaho LAers getting together. There is a group of LAers that meet at Pam Clark's place in Spokane - the Inland NW Machine Quilters - but I missed their last meeting (last Saturday) 'cause of a family trip. Where are you in Idaho?

The Northwest meet-up now stands at nine participants--room for three more!!! I will email travel info to Maxine's house--if anyone needs to meet up and carpool or caravan through Portland, sent me an email. Also, any ideas for demos or discussion? We should be a little organized!

Hey you Eastern Eastern NW kids--great idea to get a guild together--but I would never turn down a chance to visit Pam Clarke!!

• 3 weeks later...

Our get-together is all set-up.

I just sent emails to all participants with location and time.

If you haven\'t received it, please U2U or email me and I will get you in the loop!

I\'ll post some photos of the group so our friends here can see what we all look like!!

Beth and Bekah--if you cannot come until after work, please know you are welcome at any time you can make it!!

Archived