What type of chair do you all prefer?

I\'d wait until your new toy arrives to find out if you want one or not. I stand on a concrete floor with 2 wool rugs to really stand on. A chair wouldn\'t work to roll on the rugs, and I move my body way to much to be seated. See what other people suggest, but there\'s my 2 cents.

Beth

In the beginning you won\'t use a stool. I was always on the move too when I first got my machine. Then I started using a bar stool, I am tall so it worked okay. Recently I purchased a saddle stool from a company on E-Bay and I use it. I don\'t do a lot of custom work, but that is when I need it. If you are doing pantos you won\'t need a stool.

I haven\'t used a stool in 5 years of quilting and haven\'t even thought about it much. I\'ve heard others say they use them and really like them but I like moving around. My floor is laminate with a foam underlayer and my legs never hurt or get tired (well, after a 14 hour day, the tiredness sets in, but I don\'t get that crazy very often.)

I confess - I am a motorcycle mama wannabe, however I have balance issues (and my family knows that it would be trouble on the road, if I had a real motorcycle).

This past Christmas, they gave me a saddle stool, that works for my quilting. I don\'t use it all the time, but it does have a height adjustment that allows me to semi-stand and scoot along as I quilt. It is NOT a must-have, but it sure feeds my "wannabe" habits.

I have posted a picture in my Webshot album.

2733334910100189059MeXRxt_th.jpg

<html>

<font color=#408080><font face="broadway" size="4"><B>This is the one we use. It is manufacured by the LARIN Corp. (listed as a "Garage Stool"). We bought it at costco. I use it if I am doing some really small stuff on the Millie, when I am pinning and, when I am cleaning the bobbin area. The height is easily adjustable. I don\'t use it a lot when I am doing regular quilting but when I need it I am glad I have it. CLICK ON THE PHOTO to see it up closer.</B></font>

</html>

Whatever stool you think about try it out first.

I used a simple adjustable metal stool and then a really adjustable office chair at my friend\'s house turned around backwards that worked really well.

I tried the saddle stool at MQS in in 2006 at MQS and had the whole APQS staff laughing because I immediatley fell over!! It\'s not supposed to do that. I finally managed to try it without falling over and it simply isn\'t comfortabel for me.

I love having a stool for teeny detailed work. I also need to start shopping for one after the first of the year--Christmas is just too close at the moment. jeri

I use my saddle stool. It makes me sit up straight so I don\'t have lower back pain after working. I tend to want to "hunch over" and round my shoulders when I work. Very bad for the neck and shoulders, therefore, I usually sit which eleminates a lot of my "hunching over". I even sit to do pantographs. There is always a place in a pantograph that I pause and glance at the needle and thread. I just scoot my chair along at the same time.

I want to get another saddle stool that can be used at my sewing machine. The current one won\'t adjust down that low.

Gigliola,

I didn\'t think it would be as wonderful as it is. I just love it and I quilt so much smoother when I\'m sitting. I can still use my feet to move me along without any problems at all. For me it is the way to go and I feel like it was some of the best money I spent. My favorite buys are my zippers and my saddle stool.

Heidi

Archived