Thread types

I have been purchasing a LOT of So Fine from Superior, and I also like King Tut, but am wondering if there are other favorites among you. I have heard of longarmers using Isacord, and ARC thread. Any opinions on these, or others you like? I am using Bottom line or So fine in the bobbin.

Thanks for your opinion,

On this generic butthead, He likes Signature and Superior Efrid.. loves coats spool.. anything cheap and he runs like a trooper and stitches so prettyily....

I have used Sew Fine, Bottom line which he doesn\'t like much, and King Tut, Anton cotton. The best stitching is always the least expensive of the bunch, except for Walmart type of Coats..

I expect to have a whole new learning curve to go thru when I get the Lenni.

RitaR

Hi Karol:

I love all the Superior threads. They work fabulous on both my Miss Millie and Rhonda\'s (DD) Liberty. I do use Sewers Aid on some of them if they misbehave.

I have just brought in a new line from Tristan called Cucirini, 40wt. 2ply cotton. It is just wonderful, fills in the needle hole with less lint than other cottons. I do use SoFine in the bobbin with most of my threads.

I have thread on sale now - you can check my website.

Hi Linda: Yes, I have \'SOME" of my first order, about 36 colors out of 250 on their thread chart-all in Italian. My supplier is offering 125 of the colors. They copied the colors by laser and they don\'t match the thread at all!! Help! Rhonda & I are going to take pictures of each spool to put on the new website next month. (we have nothing better to do!)

If you have an Aurifil color chart, the Cucirini threads match the Aurifil I have in stock. I have always enjoyed the Aurifil, but Cucirini has less lint and the colors are so rich and gorgeous.

Darlene Epp used a Cucirini red in one of her beginner classes with no breakage. No question here, I am biased.

Once on ebay, I purchased the King Size cones of Isacord from an embroiderer who was going out of business. So I have lots of them and many colors.

When I got my longarm this summer, I tried it. And I love it. Tension is always good, it is smooth as glass, it\'s colorfast and strong. It is very easy to quilt with.

Everytime I switch to cotton thread, it takes a while to get the tension right. But that Isacord is a dream.

Thanks all for the tips on thread. I love the metallic thread by Superior as it is a nice accent to decorate the quilt. Also used it to quilt a purse (did longarm work on it first before cutting the final shapes. Be sure to ask for the correct needle to run the metallics. It will make a big difference, no breaking. Also ran the metallics on my DM with the needle and had great results.

Vicki

Archived