Secret santa - SECOND CHANCE

Oh - how sweet! I love my small town post office!! No lines and if there is,

it is only one person, who is a neighbor!!:D I try to do all of my business

here in town, I know they are thinking about closing it or at least going to

part-time...... Merry Christmas to all!!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Judi,

Where is Garden City? I have flown into the Twin Cities many times, but then back out in a few hours, so I never saw the area. The only place I have stayed for a while is Ely. It is beautiful there in summer and in winter.

I always wanted to move to a small town and have a different life style than Philadelphia offers.

Sandy

Originally posted by sandradarlington

I just read a message from my Secret Santa "recipient." She received her package; guessed it was me because I am the only one (I think) from Philadelphia. Oh, BTW, I was Shana\'s Secret Santa. Merry Christmas!

Hi Sandy!

Oh your story about standing in line at the post office is priceless. For being so kind and patient----you made Mr. Postman\'s day a little bright and happy while surrounded by all the stress. It goes to prove that the little simple things like a kind smile really do matter, right? ;)

Thank you so much for the lovely quilting book. I love it.

May everyone\'s Christmas be filled with kindness for our neighbors and friends, and strangers, and family and even Mr. Postman, who (lucky guy that he is) gets to work on Christmas eve still delivering those gifts while we are all snuggled cozy at home. Thank you, Mr. Postman.

Oh, by the way... here\'s an update from North Pole:

I just peeked outside and this is what I saw right out my front door: Calm winds, cold, clear and thousands of bright sparkly stars in the evening sky with a big beautiful full moon beaming overhead... These are "THE PERFECT" weather conditions for Santa to start on his journey to all points south.

I have a feeling that it will be a Merry Christmas!

There\'s a rumor of a white Christmas around here, but I think they must have said "wet" not "white". Pouring down rain, and the lovely scent of damp dog behind me. However, they enjoyed their walk, and our favorite coffee shop is back in the neighborhood!

I\'m listening to Christmas music from New Orleans on the radio, and heading off to quilt.

Merry Christmas to all~

Beth

Garden City is about 15 miles SE of Mankato, which is about 90 miles or so

from the Cities (down towards IA). My husbands Brother and Sister-In-Law

WERE going to come over today.... They were visiting her parents in the

cities, it took them over an hour to get part of the way here.... They turned

around and went back! Snowing just a bit today off and on, but VERY windy

bitter cold winds. They could only drive 30 mph and still

could not see the road.:mad:

The girls & I stayed in and wrapped gifts. I started to

make some little doll beds for them.... my Husband still has NOT done any

Christmas shopping..... grr.... MEN! Good thing I know Santa has stuff to fill

up our stockings with! (Chocolate too!!)

He is not all that bad, he came home with 3 - yes 3 - flower arrangments

for us, 1 for me and 1 for each of the girls.... I should take a photo, oh the

roses! He is very good at somethings!!

Sheri Butler,

I never would have guessed you were my santa. Thanks for the goodies. There were 4 little packages in a big box. I unwrapped the ones in tissue paper, but put the pretty package under the tree until tomorrow.

The ones I opened were a cable stencil, 4 quarters of folksy, Christmasy fabric, and 3 pattern packs.

Thanks Sheri, and everybody else who played along. It\'s been so much fun.

I just received a package from Mary in North Carolina. Thank you Mary! I\'m waiting until tomorrow to open it, although I really want to take a peak. I hope my package got to where it was going I sent it priority on 12/21, the post office said it should. Teresa, this was a great idea, we should do it again next year. DB

Merry Christmas to all of you.

I apologize to the lady who has my name. I left for Knoxville early Thursday before your package came. My neighbor is collecting my mail so it will be waiting for me when I get back to Ohio.

Wilma in Peebles, I hope you liked my gift to you. I had fun making it.

PamelaA

Just opened my box -from Santa in Oklahoma -what a great sense of humor...guess I had to "settle" for what\'s in the box because Vixen ate my list! lol...large-eye needles, precut paper hexagons, Thread Heaven (a thread conditioner and protectant-new to me) and some great funky fatt quarters. Thanks oh so much! Rita

Archived