Secret santa - SECOND CHANCE

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I just wanted to jump in here to say I received my Secret Santa gift from Marylyn in Colorado. THANK YOU!!! I also could not wait until Christmas to open my gift. I was so exciting to come home from work and have a package to open today:)

Marilyn sent me "Formal Feathers 101" by Sherry Rogers-Harrison and a beautiful turquoise batik yard of fabric. Sherry\'s book is very informative and hopefully one day I\'ll be able to make some feathers. I just love feathers!!!

THANK YOU, MARILYN!

I think my Secret Santa and I picked each other!!!!!!! I know this from my fine tuned detective skills. And the return address is the same address I sent my gift to!

Darlene sent me a beautiful pack of TWENTY FAT QUARTERS in assorted colors!!!!!! I just love them. It is such a generous gift, and I\'ll think of something extra special to use them for. (Yep, that\'s a dangling preposition)

Darlene have you set up your new Liberty, yet? We want to hear all the details!!!

Merry Christmas,

Jen :)

Morning ladies,

I received my Secret Santa package yesterday from Portland Oregon. Thanks for getting through the snow to send it. I haven\'t opened it yet, I don\'t know if I can wait to Christmas. Everytime I look at ithe package and pick it up the paper tears a little!!

Hello all.....

I was planning on waiting until our family Christmas on Sunday to open my Secret Santa gift but after a really bad day at the doctor yesterday I felt I needed a pick me up.....so....last night I sat under the tree and ripped it open!! Thank you so much Secret Santa....;) I love everything!! I received wonderful threads....flower pins...notepad...magazines....a pattern ...some rulers....chalk and pounce pad and CHOCOLATE!!!!! My tough day suddenly was a whole bunch better!!! After a little snooping I saw the subscription name on the back of a magazine....NORECE!!!!! Thank you so much for being such a great Secret Santa!!! Have a very Merry Christmas Norece and thanks again!! Janette

I am so glad you are all having such a wonderful time doing this. Every time I read your postings I giggle. This is what friendship is all about.

My family doesn\'t understand how my best friends can be a bunch of people I don\'t even know, but I do know you all.

I received a nice gift from Norece, several pattern packets. There are two that I really love, and will work on soon.

Yesterday I received a package from Barb Mayfield, but haven\'t opened it yet.

Thanks to both of you.

I love that some of the Santas are still secrets. I went ahead and signed my card, since my package is supposed to arrive where it went on the 24th.

Hope she loves the contents.

Okay, I missed out on this but it is so fun to read all the responses. I hope this happens again next year. In fact, I have marked my calendar to bring this up around Thanksgiving next year.

Aren\'t quilters great:). Thanks to whom ever started this. Its a wonderful thing!

Happy Holidays

I\'d rather have cold and snowing or hot and sunny than cool and raining. I\'m so sick of rain. Our yard is a giant mud hole, and you don\'t even want to see the paddock or the pasture-YUCK! Knee high muck boots every day the last two weeks.

I wish it would dry up. We got Nevaeh a little battery operated 4 wheeler for Christmas,and it\'s going to be too wet and muddy for her to get to ride it.

I send out my Secret-Santa package Wednesday to a dear quilting friend in New York,, hope it arrives to you soon,,,

I have received mind but haven\'t opened it yet,, but every time I look at it,,,and feel it,,,and pick it up,, I say,,,Oh you have to be a good girl and wait,,,

This was so much fun,,,can\'t wait till next year to do it again...

Wilma :P:P

Well I didn\'t wait! I knew I couldn\'t!!! I received a beautiful bundle of fabric!

They are from the "Serenity IV" line and there are "61 Sweet Sixteens" in

this awesome collection!! Now how big of a quilt top does that make? I\'ve

never heard of sweet sixteens before, where have I been?

I also didn\'t know that Santa lived in Texas!! Thank-you, I love my gift!

Thank you Secret Santa Wilma,

I couldn\'t wait and opened your box the minute I came through the door. You never can have too many quilting tools. The retractable rotary cutter will be great to use and not have to worry about closing it everytime I put it down. The extra blades will give me more time to quilt and not have to run out to look for new blades for a while. Thanks so much. Merry Christmas. Can\'t wait to do this again next year.

Charlotte

Thank you, thank you, Secret Santa, whoever you are!

Got my box (from some unknown destination) today - a lovely gift bag full of all sorts of things to make quilters\' hearts happy! A "Holly Jolly" charm pack, a bobbin saver (can\'t have too many of those!), a five-pack of batiks, a lovely set of christmasy prints, and a Christmas stocking foundation pattern. Thank you! I can hardly wait to find out who my Secret Santa is - and look forward to next year!

Got mine too! Ok, I opened it.... it\'s sooo kool... I\'ve been fudging over what kind of new marking pen I should get and Low and behold! I got one in my pkt! I received 3 awesome mini patterns for paper piecing, 5 fabulous bright fabric squares 10-12", and I LOVED the card! I might frame it - it\'s called "Christmas Quilts" by Diane Phalen... THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! SECRET SANTA!

ps... mine went out on the 20th.... Hopefully it will be there Christmas Eve!

Merry Christmas everyone!

I just LOVE girlfriend gifts!

I just read a message from my Secret Santa "recipient." She received her package; guessed it was me because I am the only one (I think) from Philadelphia. Anyway, here is the story of what happened when I took it to the post office.

I went on a Friday about noon, during my lunch break. The post office was very crowded, two long lines that went right out the door to the parking lot. There were mom\'s there with little kids who were getting restless. A lady in the other line was arguing with the postal worker It seems that an expensive package she mailed to England was lost. She paid for insurance, but the post office said they weren\'t responsible for the loss because it was the post office in England that lost it, so she would have to contact them about her package. This argument got louder and louder, now they\'re shouting.

The lines were getting longer! Well, finally it was my turn. I handed my package to the postman and he said thank you. I asked how much and he smiled and said-Merry Christmas and put the package on a table behind him and called, "Next." I then asked again how much I owed him for the postage. He again wished me a Merry Christmas and said there was no charge.

I was in a stupor. I left, drove back to work and told a co-worker about my adventure. I was so confused at what had just happened. Then...the lights went off. I was sending a package to the North Pole (Alaska, that is). I decided the postman thought these were letters I was sending to Santa for some kids and that is why he didn\'t charge me. We had a few laughs telling the story in the office. I waited a few hours, hoping the crowd died down by then, and called the post office. I explained what I thought happened to the man who answered. I said I wanted to come back in to pay my postage, would he pull my package out. He asked me for the time I was in and a description of the package and the postman. A few minutes he got back on the phone and said there was no mistake. The postman who waited on me said I was the only one who smiled at him and said hello when I got to the counter. Everyone else was complaining that they needed more help and the lines were too long, etc. Lots of complaints. So, as a "reward" for my smile and greeting, he paid my postage!!!

Isn\'t that some story? I thanked them profusely and we all felt good.

Oh, BTW, I was Shana\'s Secret Santa. Merry Christmas!

Archived