Grandma's quilt

I have to share. I pieced this quilt for a friend's 94 year old grandmother. The star centers are out of her clothing. Grandma still goes to work every day at Wendy's!

Because my machine delivery was delayed, I went to Jamie Wallen's studio to use one of his machines. After not touching a machine for nearly 2 years Jamie helped me out. We tag-teamed and I quilted one row, he did the next throughout the quilt. I was really surprised at how well mine actually turned out! The close-up pics are of the rows that I did.

I delivered it to my friend today and she was so thrilled that she cried. Isn't that sweet?

post--13461898839076_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone.

Jamie IS the best! He knew that I was struggling and didn\'t hesitate to jump right in and help me out. I so appreciated it too. I guess I thought it would be like riding a bike and I would just remember everything:(.....being the wise man that he is, he knew better.

By taking turns doing the rows, my bad rows kind of blended with his fabulous rows so that it turned out looking good. It probably would have been a disaster by myself.

Very soon, I\'ll be quilting away on my own machine and hopefully posting some things that I\'ve done all on my own.

Tracie I can\'t see a difference between your rows and his! The quilt is beautiful.

I\'d say you are back and ready to roll!

How fun to be close enough to get to go play w/Jamie! Talk about having a great mentor to get you back in the swing of things! He\'s such a great teacher!

Tracie,

Tell Jamie I said Hi. I just used his swirly meander, only smaller, on my 1st customer quilt and it came out great! It is really fun to do and I really have it down now so making it bigger should be a problem! I love it big like you did and I wouldn\'t have thought to do it that big! I need to practice more on his flury of angels too! I\'m sure I\'ll try it on a quilt before too long! I just love feathers!

Heidi

Archived