SunBonnet with a Quack

I\'m not a Sue person either, but this was cute..yes it\'s all freehand..I made up a stencil for the scrolls and marked them. And oh yes, lots of stops and starts and tying and burying:mad: But I just don\'t like the way they look with anchor stitching and I actually tried that on the first scroll..for me it took longer to do that than the tie and bury and didn\'t look nearly as good. This was fun to do. Thanks for the nice compliments:)

Never been much of a SBS fan either, but a friend wanted a quilt made with her daughters baby clothes.... they are all knits, so I had to come up with an applique to make it work... I found this SBS in an old Romantic Homes mag. It looks like an 1800\'s pattern. I tried to look it up on the SBS website, (yes, there are many)and couldn\'t find it.

I drew the pattern from the photo. It took me 2 months before I could make myself cut into those adorable baby clothes. They still smell of baby... Julia\'s 2nd bday is coming up and Hester, I want to thank you for your quilting inspiration... I know I want to stipple in the background of the SBS\'s, but now I know what to do in the sashing... and the corner blocks.

Thanks!

post--1346189901832_thumb.jpg

I am a Sun Bonnet Sue person. I have done lots of them both in quilts and framed.

The ducks the cowgirls and Bobbette\'s Sues are all cute.

When I need to SID one of this kind I usually do all of the other stuff first and then do the SID on my DM. It is just way easier and faster for me that way.

Very cute. My favourite Sunbonnet Sue quilt is the one where she suffers several nasty ends! It appeals to my warped sense of humour.

You could however quilt different things in alternate blocks:- bunches of balloons, bunches of flowers, playing musical instruments,flying kites, using a computer, quilting on a Millie, etc make her truly up to date!

Archived