Baby IT'S COLD OUTSIDE

Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am in the cold capital of the USA, well sort of. We didn't have school today, it is only -20, but with wind chill of -40-50 ...that is below zero...they were worried about frost bite on the children that have to walk to school. I am sure that there are places that are much colder than here, but I thought I might share. It was 40 degrees just on Monday, that is above zero. So, we have had a 90 degree change.

;):cool:;)

Sue, I feel your pain. ;) It\'s interesting every once in a while we will get the warm southern Chinook winds and it is a big difference in temps: in a matter of hours we go from sub zero to +30\'s & 40\'s and melting snow! Then it drops back down again. Oh yah for a few days after, those roads are very slippery to drive on! Good thing I have a 4wd Mercury Mariner.

Shana,

The weather here in Duluth can be just as interesting. By the lake, it can be 40 degrees and over the hill, by the mall, where I live, it can be 80 (that is during the summer months, it is completely different in the winter...warmer by the lake)...go figure. I just came back from running errands. It is only -15, but the wind is about 25-30 MPH...don\'t even want to think about what the wind chill is....

Have a great day everyone....

Well, I am in what is usually the warm capital of the USA at this time of year, but there has been a chill in the air even here, and snow down to 7,000 ft. last night. Kids go up the mountain and slide down on their boogie boards; people actually ski! Not me though, I count on it warming up during the day. Aloha

Well, I am down here in Virginia...we were 48 degrees today and the low is suppose to be in the 20\'s. Having lived on each coast and in the Midwest (IA and MN) it is all relative. People here think that it is freezing cold in the 30\'s...I just tell them that they don\'t know what cold really feels like. Now, that I have been here for 5 years my body has adapted to this "warmer" climate...30\'s do feel cold.:) It is what it is...I definitely would like summers with less humidity:P

I love Kona, HI...but haven\'t vacationed there in years....many, many years. It was just beautiful.

Cheryl

Its cold here on Southern Or coast also , we are used to all the rain / wind but with temp in 50 / 60 range .

It has been in the low 40\'s and 30\'s for awhile , I am flipping frezzing :(

As always it could be colder like where you all are .

We had wet snow on Tuesday everything white for few hours .

Catherine , I went to Honolulu last Oct best vacation of my life , loved it so much this Oct I am going to Kauai . So maybe in 2009 I will come to the Big Island then mybe we can meet . You truly live in Paradise the color of the sea is so wonderful . I dream of Hawaii on these cold night s

Suzanna,

I feel your pain. School was cancelled here too in Central MN. At least the wind cooperated and stayed way down or it could have been miserable out there. Kids drove me nuts. They are definately going to school tomorrow. I am pretty low key, but I actually separated them for awhile. It takes a lot to annoy me that much. And the garage was too cold to quilt in even with the heat turned up. I have been to Duluth many times. One time we where at the zoo and thought it was so hot that we didn\'t stay long and headed toward the lake and it was cold. Weird that it does that. My DB graduated college there. Beautiful town.

Angela

I\'m in Virginia also and yes the people start freezing around 40 degrees. Virginia Beach has weird weather but this year has been unreal. Yesterday it was 55 this morning it was 30 and falling, tomorrow it\'s supposed to be 60 again. Everyone is sick because there\'s no adjusting to the temps. However, it\'s still better then minus something. Cheryl where in VA are you?

As a native Duluthian transplanted to Indiana I check the Duluth paper, online, daily. I notice the other day that schools were closed. Naturally I wondered what the weather was and at the time the temp was about 17 degrees and nothing notable about the wind, and skies were overcast. Then I saw the picture of kids skating in the street.

Who else has a Duluth connection?

Denfeld class of 74 here.

On Tuesday, it was slippery on many of the side streets. there were lots of accidents between 6 pm Monday and 12 noon on Tuesday. The winds picked up after sun set on tuesday..with wind chill well into the -40-50 YIKES!!! The two days off from school were delightful. I got some quilting done...cleaned a little and caught up with my soaps. I am a Hermantown Grad \'76..but I married a Denfeld Grad...\'80

Hi!

Born and raised in St. Paul~~Duluth is my 2nd home! I have many generations of family on my mother\'s side from there...some still there! My mother went to St. Scholastica for college and high school; relatives still in the Kenwood area. I LOVE Duluth...fog horn, Split Rock, the canal, South Pier Inn, coming up over the Thomsen Hill by Spirit Mountain and seeing Duluth down below...gotta stop or I\'m gonna start crying...miss it terribly. The front steps of my great-grandparents house are still there way up on the Piedmont hill...house is gone but the steps are there. I\'d still rather be cold than hot.

I know...TMI...but thanks.

Here in AZ our lows have been anywhere between mid 30s-mid 50s at night with the highs ranging from 50s-high 60s during the day, and I thought I had it bad, obviously not nearly as bad as some of you. I thought with all of that talk about global warming and such we were suppose to be having warming temps not colder ones. ;)

Stay warm by snuggling under a quilt!

Archived