fresh quilt pictures!

Beautiful as always Sherry!;)

I love the fact that you always go "beyond the call" of duty & make personalized quilting designs for your clients.

That\'s it, I am sending you that intense "Victory Star" Civil War quilt I have going on!!:P

I are not afraid!!! You know I love traditional quilts and quilting and I love the civil war fabric line. I am piecing a Jo Morton quilt at the moment. The pattern is called Peppermint Twist and it is too lovely for words! Grim pinks and browns....I just LOVE it!!

Originally posted by (name removed)
Beautiful as always Sherry! ;)

I love the fact that you always go "beyond the call" of duty & make personalized quilting designs for your clients.

That\'s it, I am sending you that intense "Victory Star" Civil War quilt I have going on!! :P

Thought some of you would be interested how I went about choosing the designs for this quilt. Those of you that have taken my classes know I work with a road map for quilting. I take a picture of the quilt and then place vellum over the top and draw out quilting scenarios. In this case I sent these road maps out to my client to see what appealed to her. S he liked everything but was drawn to one element so I chose that and completed it in what appealed to me!

Hopes this sparks your creativity!!

post--13461899140927_thumb.jpg

Hi Sherry--

Thank you so much for sharing your design process. You are such a precise stitcher and talented designer of stitching patterns. Your customers are lucky to have you as their quilter.

I am trying to make time to do some piecing and brought out "Blended Quilts" by Marsha McCloskey and Sharon Yenter to drool over and inspire me. And there you were! The tops you quilted for this book are scrumptious. Thanks again!

Shana, Dahling, you just HAVE to take one of Sherry\'s classes. I only got one day, but she promised to do some more classes this spring and I can guarantee, I will be signing up. Her roadmap process is so cool. She really opened up the right side of my brain, which is not very artistic oriented. I can even draw beautiful feathers. Now all I have to do is figure out how to quilt them. So, Shana, COME ON DOWN. You too wil do gooooooooood.

So, Sherry, more classes now that you are moved, right?

Nancy Jo

Hi Annette

Jo Morton has a line of fabric with Andover fabrics. The book I am piecing from "Remembrances" states she is working on a grim pink and brown fabric line.

I will post a picture of my Peppermint Twist later today to wet your appetite.

Originally posted by annettequilts

Sherry - that is really beautiful. I wish I could do that!

You mentioned a quilt you are piecing w/ Grim Pinks and browns....I am collecting some Civil War repro fabrics - can you tell me if you have a good source for these...especially the grim pinks?

thanks

Sherry,

Oh, this is so beautiful. I love the samplers and the feathers but what really draws my eye are those diagonal racing stripes intersecting the blocks. It looks like 5 lines and the connecting layout is just so perfect. Wow.

And thank you for stepping us thru the process. I had not heard of your use of vellum. What a great idea.

Since I cannot get up close and personal with this quilt;), I will ask the question(s) that is burning in my head.

Did you mount the quilt diagonally to get those diagonal lines done continuous or did you mount the quilt normally and have lots of stops and starts? And if you had stops/starts, did you clip or bury the tails? Or did your diagonal line make a u-turn at some convenient spot to continue in a new direction thus minimizing the stop/starts?

Archived