Christmas blocks or a round robin???

chickenscratch

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judi, The address is http://www.quilt.com/ You can also just type in world wide quilting page on a search and it will come up. I used the site when I needed to find instructions for the 12 " blocks for the birthday and friendship exchanges. Somehow the 200+ quilt books that I have just didn\'t have the right patterns. LOL I did check out quilterscache and that seemed to have alot of nice patterns as well. DB

I shall be shopping next week for my shop so could you define "gold".? ( I might as well shop for me at the same time) Do you mean darker than cream but not as dark as brown? There were some nice fabrics in the Benartex Xmas range last year which I would consider to be gold. Just want to make sure I get it right . I think you said not shiny, but presumably Hoffman style with gol on would be OK?

Yvette,

I think we just put gold tones in there to accent the red and green. The fabric with the little gold threads, or some golden toned fabric would work; or you can skip the gold altogether.

Karen, I got your U2U. thanks.

Carola, I haven\'t received your email yet, but I\'ll check again later tonight.

Not to dampen the subject, I just want to remind everyone that if you sign up for the swap please plan on making the required number of blocks and sending them out to everyone on your list. If it looks like your life is going to be too busy or you truly think that this swap will be a stretch on your time then please don\'t sign up. I\'m sure there will be more swaps in the future. The reason I bring this up is last year I sent out 25+ birthday blocks and received 7 in return. This year with the friendship swap, I have received 6 blocks out of 14. After following the friendship swap thread, I suspect that there are others who also have only received a few blocks. Teresa goes through a lot of trouble and spends her free time organizing this. If you sign up, please hold up your end of the deal. To lighten the subject, I hope everyone ends up with a beautiful quilt. DB

Hi DB,

I wouldn\'t get too discouraged yet. I have all my locks done, but I life got in the way and they haven\'t as yet ben mailed. Remember, that we have had a couple of over-achievers in this group who got their blocks done in week One!!! ;) There is still time left for us slow-bies before the deadline.

Regards

Melora,

Thanks for the pattern link! I found a great pattern for the exchange if I got in on time. If not I\'ll post my quilt when I finish it! Don\'t hold your breath though or you\'ll die!:P

Teresa,

Thanks for the exchange idea and organization. I hope I didn\'t get my info to you to late.

I went to the Sewing and Quilting Expo this past weekend and had a chance to test drive 3 Gammills in different

sizes, a classic, optimum and premier. The 2 "big ones were great but the premier had so much vibration in the handles that my hands felt tingley!

I also checked out the HQ and it fely OK but a bit stiff after using the big machines. Nolting felt good but I broke the thread 2X on one machine and 1X on the other. An APQS dealer was their too but she only brought the Lenni.:(Maybe it was just me but the light bar was in the line of vision and I couldn\'t get a good look at what I was doing! I thought maybe the frame was too low for me; I\'m 5\'9". She and the Nolting dealer are in the same shop and it\'s only 10 minutes from me! How lucky is that?! I had looked on the site for both machines and neither of these folks were listed. The Milli lady said she was but I sure didn\'t see her name. I asked on this site if anyone knew someone close to me (NE Ohio) so I could look at an APQS first hand without going to the factory. A good suggestion was Paducah. The shop is so much closer!

I\'m still planning on going to the "factory" show in Columbus APril 26.

My DH went with me and tried the machines too. He could make a pretty darn good feather and he\'s never sewn a stitch!:o I I\'ll have to make appointments to use my "toy" when I finally get it.;)

Archived