A Quilt for my DMIL's 90th Birthday

I finished this last week just in time to take it to the NW longarm meeting at Nancy Jo\'s and am just now sitting down to post the pictures. It\'s a small quilt so that when she lays down for her nap, she can cuddle up in it. I used fabrics from my stash and a new pattern that I saw advertised at a local craft store. Instead of getting the templates for $8.00, I made my own (you know this has to be easy if I could do it) and I really like the way that it turned out. I\'m sorry about the wavy bottom, I had it hanging over a door knob into my quilt studio and didn\'t realize it did that. Anyway, here it is

2494479380094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

And a close up of one of the blocks

2806851020094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

And one of the back....

2047383070094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

Thanks for checking it out. I sure hope that she likes it!

Patty Jo, I am sure your Dear MIL will (as you said) "like" the quilt but even better, most definitely she will "LOVE" you even more for this so very nice and very personal gift made with your heart and your hands. You are a gem. What a lucky lady to have you as her daughter in law.

PS: 90th birthday -- wow, what a fun celebration and party this is sure to be!

Cheryll, - I really don\'t know the name of the pattern, I just saw a picture of it in a Craft Warehouse ad to purchase the templates. I made them myself by drawing a close resemblance to the picture and put my own dementions on it.

Mary Beth - when you do that pointy thing - don\'t do like I did and go to bed 1/2 way through and then not be able to get my brain wrapped around it the next day. It taught me a lesson - just keep going!!!;)

If anyone wants the "pattern", e-mail me and I\'ll send you a copy of the templates that I drew for the blocks. I added 3 borders because I was wanting to make it big enough for a lap quilt and I ran out of the flowered fabrics for any more blocks.

Thanks again to all of you. You make up the best cheering section.:):):):)

Archived