MQS 2008 Tiki Treasuers & Audacious Auction

We just got back from tonite\'s event. What fun. There were teachers and vendors showing their wares. There were hula skirts and leis everywhere. There were ice cream sundaes and time to view the quilts that would be auctioned tonight.

APQS chatters were well-represented tonight. Claudia donated a wall hanging made with her new (soon to be released) line of fabric from Benartex and lots of Svaroski crystals. Mary Beth had a quilt called Outta This World in the auction. Elke Kobusch also had a quilt in the auction. There were other big names who donated quilts. Sharon Schamber, Deloa Jones, Karen McTavish, and Sue Patten to name a few.

There was a real auctioneer who helped Linda Theiholdt MC the auction and lots of helpers like Bob Purcell (Superior Thread), Bob Ketcham and Mark Caraher (APQS), Ron Parker (Gammill) and several more who ran around the ballroom showing off the quilts to the current bidders.

The proceeds from the auction go to IMQA which helps other quilters get scholarships to attend classes at MQS. It is a great cause and tonight they made almost $10,000.

I\'m sure there will be other photos but I had to post this one tonight.

post--13461899631861_thumb.jpg

OMG! The Audacious Auction was AMAZING! What fun! I never even imagined how extremely audacious it would be and it was really awesomely audacious! :P

This entire week has been a AMAZING - never have I imagined how wonderful it has been. I am so blessed by many friends; the warm welcome from all my APQS friends, and IMQA and everyone who is here. The Sheraton convention center is absolutely beautiful. Wow. There is an aura and a kharma around this building that exudes happy vibes and good things. A very happy place.

The class from Loes & Theo was awesome; I bought the software it\'s so cool. I took a class from Jamie Wallen this morning and he is just entirely way too adorable and an awesome teacher. Gotta love that guy! I also took classes from Claudia, Karen McTavish, Kim Brunner and other fantastic folks ...there are too many to list. I took too many classes and it\'s starting to become a blur... :P Met lots of APQS staffers and chatters and other famous quilty folks. Sue Patton is a doll. It\'s been too much fun. I have had a perma grin on my face since I arrived.

This whole week, it feels like I have been at home with my family (my sistas). I am so lucky and so grateful for all of my many blessings. I am so lucky to know these quilters.

Thank you to everyone for making this trip so extra special for me. And, above it all, the cream rises to the top so I have to say a SPECIAL EXTRA THANKS to Mary Beth. Woman...you are the bomb! Thanks dear lady for ...wow...you are so good and you are too much... thanks.

Thanks, IMQA for putting on a top notch, #1, First Class event.

Man...maybe I should dump MQX and just go to MQS...they have more fun there. Don\'t get me wrong we have fun at MQX as well, but not the wild and rowdy kind that you guys seem to be doing..... Must be a New England thing...to be lower keyed. Well, I\'m not originally from NE so I do know how to be wild and rowdy. :)

Originally posted by Bonnie

Man...maybe I should dump MQX and just go to MQS...they have more fun there. Don\'t get me wrong we have fun at MQX as well, but not the wild and rowdy kind that you guys seem to be doing :)

Bonnie, I\'m with you.

Just got home from MQS...mine was a quick trip, just two classes and a whole bunch of shopping. The show was wonderful, and I am again re energized to quilt and try new things. I stopped at the APQS booth for a fast "hello" then off to shop some more.

Maybe next year I\'ll get vacation time from my other job so that I\'ll get to stay around long enough to meet some of you.

Cheryl (back) in Iowa

No I won\'t change my mind...I will be going to MQX, but we might need to ship some of these others to there, so we can have that kind of rowdy fun too.

To Answer your question as to who is in the picture with the Hawaiian shirts....the one on the left is Mark Caraher and the one on the right is Bob Ketchum. Both these guys are the ones that when we panic and need to call APQS....these are the guys that bail our booties out of hot water.

Heidi... Hush...

I still won\'t tell you the secret, BUT,,

Well, now that I saw the coconut bra, guess I\'ll say thanks for telling me who the chunks and hunks were in the Hawaiian shirts... I can always refer to the photo, should I need help and they recognize my name.. I can be very formal when it comes to talking with "guys" . ROFLMHO........... they may not know my "Other Name" (besides Prednisone Blimp)..

Um.. do I gotta apologize agaiN?????

Only if I have to? (NO, Heidi, I\'m not telling!)!

RitaR

Archived