Baby Boy update #1

My baby grandson went in for his hernia repair only to find out that his cough had gotten much worse and now he has pneumonia. Surgery postponed until July 19. Neurology apt. is still Jul 15 to see about his very weak muscles. The drs. that saw him yesterday wanted to know if the mom (DDL) is aware of his condition. Oh my yes!!! She told me today that because he was born so fast and his apgar (spelling ?) score was 1 at birth, they are concerned w/mental retardation due to lack of oxygen. What next? Thank you for all the prayers!!!!!

Marie,

OH my you poor thing. It sounds like he had a hard birth and that little guy is sure going through a lot, huh? I sure hope he recovers from the pneumonia quickly and really glad they discovered it before the surgery. I sure hope they find an answer on the 15th about his muscle condition. I\'ll keep him in my prayers! All you can do is hug and love on him!

Marie, DH & I will continue to be praying for your little grandson and the family too. We know how hard it is to have a sick family member. The Lord knows too and will be right there with all of you as you travel this very unfamilure road.

Dear Marie,

Thank you for sharing the latest news. I have been thinking of you, your daughter and your grandson since you posted the news a few weeks or so ago... Please know that you all are in my thoughts and prayers. I wish I could give you a big hug in person but consider yourself hugged and thought of and keep the faith and positive thoughts. That baby boy is in good hands. Think good thoughts to get eachother through this difficult time...

Marie,

So sorry to hear of your grandson, my prayers are with you and your family! I had a girlfriend who went through a lot of the same things with her son. They had so many tests done on that little one. They did finally come up with a diagnosis, and it was SMA, spinal muscle atrophy, he is now almost 5 and he is doing very well! The diagnosis was very scary but they are having great success with some new treatment. There are many levels of SMA, it might be worth checking into.

Archived