millie came today!

My millie came today! I am overwhelmed. All those boxes! I have started reading the manual and will watch the DVD later. To much for my nerves. Now I have it here, but can't even bring myself to open the boxes.

I will need some classes or lessons or something. Any suggestions? I live in michigan and don't know not one other person who quilts (I need to get out more:D) .

Oh Honey YOU CAN DO THIS!

I speak English, but NOT tool talk. It's right up there with legal ese. I know it's English, but I don't know what it's saying. That being said, I was able to do it! I put my machine together with only the assistance of my 5yo, for the long poles part (that you could use a chair for).

There is a picture in the front of the manual with a list of all the tools you will need for the project. Go find these tools.

Then at the beginning of every chapter it has a picture, and list, of all the tools needed for that part. It will tell you what boxes to open when, and what's inside of them and what you need.

The manual pretty much holds your hand and walks you thru it.

YOU CAN DO THIS!

It took me just over 2 days, but I got the Hydraulics and it's instructions SUCK! I would have been done way way quicker if not for them.

If you have questions just holler.

Mine came also!!:D:D:D Murphy's law getting it here...

1. back ordered parts

2. misunderstanding of delivery time

3 shipper was 4 hours late and didn't even care - no phone call and when I called was given the runaround! He has a "premium company" and "aren't I luck I don't have to use them again". Can you believe that statenent??:( :mad:(ABF).

Oh, well at least it is here and we will put it together Saturday!!!!

Yeah:D:D:D:):):):);););)

Meg:cool::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Peg,

I have a friend with a Millie in Chesterfield Township. There are actually quite a few of us in Michigan. There is a Michigan Long Arm Group also.

I started cracking open boxes and carrying the pieces down into my basement one piece at a time. I got out my tools and went to work. It took me about 3 days to get it all put together but I did it and you can to.

Peglu,

You'll be just fine! Open up those boxes and get busy. The manual takes you through, step by step. Just look at the photos to help you along.

Let us know if you get stuck...that's what we're here for!

You get a free beginner class with your machine purchase. You can come to Des Moines to the national showroom for classes, or take one from a dealer in your area. One of our dealers, Deloa Jones, lives in Michigan and is an awesome quilter. Check the new "Find a Dealer" link on the home page for other dealers that might be close to you.

In the meantime, put it together, throw on some practice fabric, and just have fun!

Take a deep breath and just know that this anxiety is perfectly normal - just read all the other posts by new owners and you will realize you are in good company. After the anxiety comes the frustration and feeling like you will never get the hang of it.

Enjoy - you are at the begining of a beautiful relationship!!

Thanks for support. Now I'm getting excited. I think I will call Deloa on Monday and take a trip over to her side of the state soon. She is only about 3 hours away from me. Hey Gail, I live in Macomb, which is literally down the street about 3 miles from Chesterfield. I'd love to touch base with some local quilters.

Hi Peg,

The next Michigan Long Arm meeting is July 26th in Clarkston, but double check on that as I think they might have moved it. I will send you the information in a U2U.

I'm telling you Peg, I put mine together myself. I had to keep running over to my parents to get tools I didn't own but I did it. Sometimes I would have to walk away and think about what the instructions were telling me to do as I was too thick to understand. You can do this!

I am so excited for all you new owners... I'm getting things rolling into fun on my end.. other than himself, I and AmyA with thread tension issues the last caused by the blue tension disk in the bobbin case being flat... alls running well.

Breathe, don't get impatient, enjoy what you are doing.. pay attention to what the machine sounds like when running good, including the needle sound.. keep rails/wheels free of thread nips.. relax.. practice, relax, practice, relax, enjoy and practice.

RitaR

Peglu,

I am a sales rep for APQS and live between Flint and Lansing just off I-69 a little ways. I do give Beginners and Intermediate classes and would love to help you out. I know lots of quilters in the area and can tell you all about the groups that meet. Give me a call or email.

Debbie Cadwallender

APQS Sales-Service-Education

afinishedquilt@tds.net

517-304-6954

You may not want to hear this, but I think the best thing to do is pay the $500 for professional installation and start up.

Then you'll know all is working fine, the table will be level, the wheels will be adjusted properly, and they'll show you how to get started.

I wish I had gone that route. I had some "issues" due to shipment damage and my machine never did do exactly right, but what did I know.....nothing to compare it with.

But once I upgraded to the new machine this year, what a difference.

Archived