Barb's 1920's 9-Patch Quilt - Now with more pictures

I was finially able to load 1 picture into Webshots of the finished quilt. I tried to load some others but back to the error message. Anyway, as you may be able to see in the picture, not all of the 9-patch blocks were the same size and so the quilter (unknown) who handstitched them all kind of made them fit!! So I had some "C" size blocks, some "B" size blocks and 1 or 2 "D" size blocks. Because of that, I decided to do a wiggle line of stitching along all of the seam lines. This worked out well and I didn't have any tucks (PTL). The border is a freehand leaf & ribbons with some tendrals. Barb (customer) and her DH live up in the woods by a lake in NE Washington in the trees so thought that leaves were more appropriate for her. She told me to do my thing. So I guess that this is it! Anyway, if I can get more pics uploaded into webshots tomorrow, I'll post a couple more.

2229385840094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

Thanks for looking:)

OK Webshots let me load another picture (at this rate, I'll get them all up in about a week!!! LOL Here is the back of the quilt

2059196680094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

Thanks for checking out pic #2

Patty Jo,

Great choice on quilting of this quilt. It looks great. Don't you just love the different sized blocks like that? You handled this great. Gonna put this in a folder for later when I run across a top with that much difference in size. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks ladies for all the encouraging comments. I've about given up on Webshots. But boy I sure don't want to have to reload all these pics elsewhere. Where do you have your pics posted? I found Webshots to be so user friendly to me that I hate to go elsewhere, but I if I can't use it, then I need to find another place. Any suggestions? And can a non-computer non-geek use it? LOL Now that is the Big Question.......:)

Thank you for your kind comments. When I started the wiggle line, it was smooth sailing. By the time I got to the end of the wiggle line, I was all wiggled out. And Rita, I don't know about a sitting wiggle, although if you are sitting on your saddle stool, you could be rockin' and rollin' all over your studio. :cool::P

Anyway, Webshots has redeemed itself and I was able to get some more pictures loaded, so here they are. this first one shows the abundant fabric in some of the blocks.

2238523860094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

and this is one of it totally finished...........

2357392140094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

Thanks for looking;)

Archived