New R&S board

Here is an unsolicited plug for a long-board offered by R&S Designs. On their site is board #326-Rectangle Weave. A guild-mate used this all over a sparsely-appliqued top and it was spectacular!

This board stitches out to look like basketweave--without the starts-and-stops or backtracking you do with a stencil.

The rectangles aren't very big--I think less than an inch high. It takes a long time to stitch out but it is great behind applique or on a wholecloth. (If you squint at the page, you may be able to see better how it looks.)

I will be ordering this as soon as they get back from

vacation!

Here is their website www.rns-design.com

Linda,

Thanks for passing along. I just squinted and you're right it makes a difference. I guess I'll add this one to my list! Just used my topper on a QOV and loved it! It was fun to play a little. I'm a little aggrevated too...used Hobb heirloom and got pokies on the back! Not all happy about it. They aren't big but I can see them. Hubby says he didn't notice them until I pointed them all out. I have a whole roll of the stuff and hate it! I will stick with my QD and try to figure out what I'm going to do with this roll.

I am so glad you posted this. I've been trying to decide on what to order, since I want to try the R&S templates. I don't have any yet, but I have and love all the Circle Lord ones I have.

This basketweave one is very different and I bet it does quilt up nicely. I think I'll order it, along with a few other individual ones.

I have to order the stylus that fits into the CL stylus holder. Did any of you do that yet? And if so, what length did you order, 5-1/2" perhaps? I have a Millennium if that makes a difference.

Gerogene,

Do you have the CL King Zig Zag template? I just tried one of the designs on that template and then this topic popped up. It looks very close to a basket weave. Let me see if I can get a pictue of what I have been working on.

I have thought about getting R&S templates too. They have a few different designs then CL...Just haven't done it. Trying to find a real job - full-time...quilting just doesn't pay the bills for me. Holding out on any more purchases for now.

Georgene, I love the R&S Designs!!! I haven't tried them on my CL but I bought the topper and love, love it!!! I just clamp the R&S boards to the topper and quilt away. It's great for quilting each block and I love working from the front of the machine. The topper costs less then 1 CL template. I still love my CL and giant templates for large e2e jobs.

Heidi,

I'm told that the "smooth" side should go towards your quilt top, and the "bumpy" side to the backing. Another way to look at it: if it's folded on the roll, the outside surface goes toward the top, the inside towards the backing.

Just for a test. try a practice sandwich with fabrics as close as possible to what you had problems with, with two pieces of Hobbs, different sides up. See if you have pokies with both, which says it's some other issue entirely.

I've been using a couple of R&S templates and I love them too. So I have put in an order for more when they return from vacation. I called to ask about the size stylus to order and was told to order one that is about 1/2 inch longer than the actual stylus (not including the handle) for my Circle Lord. That worked out fine for me. I'll need to take another look at the basket weave since I haven't ordered that one yet.

Hi everybody--

I just received an email from Sharon Moorehead of R&S Designs about the basketweave long board I mentioned above.

She said to tell everyone that the small basketweave I described was a custom size but it will be available and on their site when they return from Hawaii. So if you are planning to order, they will be back home on Sunday and can make sure you get the size you want.

I have a feeling there may be a run on that design!

MB

Sorry to hear things are a bit tough for you so having to work another job as well.

I have the opposite problem in wanting to do less hours but there ia a national shortage of us and so I've always got so much work on so there's never a good time.

I just want more time to quilt :D

Keep quilting

Archived