Trip to Holland Quilt

Here is a top I just finished. This customer takes many classes and this was from one of several "world tours" that she has taken through the LQS. Obviously they all went to Holland!

I am finding that many of my customers are asking for less ornate quilting. She wanted something "simple" and I don't think it was about cost. These 59 tulips each had a stop and start as did the blue around each one. Three thread colors, lotsa starts and stops, and "no see" border print still added up to a fairly high charge for this one. I was going for a Delft-tile thing in the blue and adjusted the color so you can see the stitching. It was a lot of fun--it was hard for me to say "less-less-less" as I was deciding on a design. Thanks for letting me share.

post--13461900141835_thumb.jpg

Oooh, Linda, I like this one. It is very simple but clean and crisp. It looks like a great beach bungalow quilt. :cool: What are those objects? At first I thought they were supposed to be flags but no. Hmm. I love the color palette. And though you had lots of stops and starts, you can't see them. And the threads are the perfect choice.

I love the way you quilted those white parts (swaying feathers) and the corners. I can't make out the border on my monitor.

Great job. Thanks for sharing photos.

I love your choice of quilting design Linda and the quilt is really cute. I can't find your stops and starts either but I also can't see what design you put in the border. Can we see it better from the back?? Thanks for posting such a great quilt and your quilting choice is perfect for this quilt.

Renae

Thanks you guys! Those are white tulips but not when I finished with them!! I was having a hard time deciding what to quilt on them. And I don't believe in SID (I am a bad SID-er) nor did my customer want to pay for SID. The border was just an ocean waves overall--impossible to see on the watery border.

Thanks for looking!

I'm still officially lurking BUT my Millie just got delivered last night at 7 PM!! My son is on his way to help me set up. I'm psyched beyond words to get started.

Linda, your quilting is gorgeous. Love the Dutch bonnets you quilted above the yellow tulip buds. That was genious.

Archived