Frogging

They say the only dumb question is the one you don't ask... so here goes

What in the heck is frogging? I can find lots of referrals to it & i know it's bad...but just what is it?

I am awaiting the arrival of my new Lenni & if I am going to have to do frogging then someone better give me a quick lesson. It sounds kinda painful...

Ok... you can all stop laughing now....:P

Jenny in Melbourne, Australia

Yes Chris, I am probably much more familiar with the UK terminology.

I was ok with the batting but frogging had me totally stumped! I knew it was

something that was painful but I just couldn't figure it out!

At least we can understand each others typing. I think the American sisters

have trouble understanding us Aussies. I went on a cruise last year & I got so

many blank looks when I was talking to people I almost gave up.

Still... I like a challenge! Going on another cruise to confuse a few more people in October!

Jenny:cool:

Hi Jenny,

I refer to frogging as unsewing! I'm shamefully good at it too :P (clover make the best unpickers)

Cruisin' How cool :cool: Hope your going somewhere warm. And please don't ever give up chatting to people, worthwhile people take the time to try & undertand.

My son asked if we spoke with an accent? No, not us I replied, it's everyone else LOL

I'm on the Mornington Peninsula, Where abouts in Melb are you?

cheers

Chris, Jenny & Satu.. here in the states.. we talk funny from coast to coast.. on the east coast they don't have scones, a type of sweet biscuit we put butter & jam on, but they have breakfast biscuits, and even those who live here don't know what they are, out west we eat Calamari, which is a squid steak, here they've never heard of squid steaks, but eat the little round rubbery things we can only taste the coating of.

Out west we ate Ranchhouse bean, or chuckwagon beans, back here everything along that line tastes like chilli, and thats not the same. Sometimes I want to move back out west just to eat for a few days. ROFL..

We also frog, rip, unsew, reverse sew, take it out, and grumble a lot while we do it.

So, it's not just between countries, but between areas, that "talk is funny" as well as sounding different.

RitaR

Archived