Merete for you

Congratulations!! Your first quilt is finished and it looks wonderful!! You have really done a great job and I love the bright colors, but then I like brights myself. Just wait till I post a picture of one I have made but haven't quilted yet.....WOW I will warn EVERYONE you will need shades on.....:P:P.

Renae

I love it I love it I love it. (say that very very very fast and sort of roll your tongue:P)

OK, I'm going to pester you with questions--Did you make it? (I'm sorry if I missed that on the other thread)

Is it a pattern? by whom?

Is is applique, or curved stitching?

It almost looks like the black/white edging is bias around a circle. Sort of like a pot holder, then topstitched on to the block. And then the pattern is so regular in a circle, I just can't make it out.

Will you share with us?

AND where did you get the gorgeous fabrics?

That's just cuter than a bug's ear. I hope you don't mind my asking so many questions. It's just that my taste runs in the brights and B/W, sort of Freddy Moran flavor.

The squares are just 8" squares. The circle was made with a saucier from the kitchen. I collected bright fat quarters for about a year thinking I'd do this quilt. I saw a picture of one like it once in a book or magazine but didn't buy it because I thought it looked simple enough. I did make bias and place around the raw edge of the circle. I didn't know about bias bars at the time and that would have made it look much better. Then I just connected all the squares and added borders until I liked it. I actually used all my scraps for the borders. Perhaps I should show that in a picture. Anyway, it has been done except for the quilting since e weeks after Katrina. Katrina was so bad here until I just had to have something to brighten my days (in the heat!). It is a heavy quilt so I just couldn't muster it under the DSM to do all the quilting I wanted to do. Glad you all like it. If I can find the picture I first saw I will post it. Sylvia

Sylvia, It makes me think of going to the candy shop. All the lemons, limes, strawberry, orange, watermelon, grape, licorice, etc, ..........OK, I'll wipe the drool off of my chin and go and have a drink of water (less calories). Beautiful use of all those bright fabrics. Great job.:cool:

I love the colors. the idea of the checked bias is great. It is a great contrast with the brights. I can just picture this quilt on some lucky kid's bed. Keep on sharing. I think going or getting through Katrina is a trial for sure. I can't even imagine how it was and still is for many. Keep on posting great quilt.

Archived