Hankie quilt

Thank you for your great comments. Lois picked up her quilt last night and loved it. I think I saw a tear in her eye and heard a crack in her voice.

The book she used to inspire her is an old one, Doily Magic by Sharon Rexroad-Ericson.

This is a memory quilt for her daughter-in-law. The hankies belonged to her grandmother and the binding will be prairie points made from her grandfathers old ties. How cute and sentimental is that. The gold border represents the gold wedding ring. Do we have tears in our eyes yet.

I think Lois should write a book.

I had her read all the wonderful things you wrote on this chat. She was blown away that people from Norway to Alaska to NY saw and loved her quilt.

JoAnn

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by JoAnnHoffman

Thank you for your great comments. Lois picked up her quilt last night and loved it. I think I saw a tear in her eye and heard a crack in her voice.

The book she used to inspire her is an old one, Doily Magic by Sharon Rexroad-Ericson.

This is a memory quilt for her daughter-in-law. The hankies belonged to her grandmother and the binding will be prairie points made from her grandfathers old ties. How cute and sentimental is that. The gold border represents the gold wedding ring. Do we have tears in our eyes yet.

I think Lois should write a book.

I had her read all the wonderful things you wrote on this chat. She was blown away that people from Norway to Alaska to NY saw and loved her quilt.

JoAnn

JoAnn your killing me...I need to see to work and that is just the biggest tear jerker I've heard! What a wonderful memory quilt for her!

I am definately considering it. I should be moved by the end of this month and take October to unpack and get settled in. This is the biggest move I've every made and much to do. I will get with you as soon as I can. I know it will be a great learning experience. Thanks so much.

Hugs to ya,

Grammie Tammie

JoAnn, love this quilt! I just came back from a week with my Mom, and brought with me a box of my grandmothers things. In that box there are probably a dozen of her hankies. It is like you knew I was wondering what to do with them! You have inspired another project for me. I really am going to have to stop reading the posts on this forum, or build a bigger house!

• 1 month later...

Archived