Blue White Batik

A pair of my unmentionable garments got in a white load of undergarments and I ended up with blue and white batick bras.. :P:P:P:P Too bad I don't wear blue Batik blouses and shirts.. :D Heading to closest store to get some color remover and praying it works.. :( They are sorta pretty! ROFL.

RitaR

I'd like to hear the results of your find and how it works.

I have tried OxyClean for those times, and I let it soak for 24-48 hours, cold water. It all depends on the dye in the culprit fabric.

Good luck.

Now that I think about it, blue batik is pretty cool!:cool:

Himself refrained from speaking, wisely!

they are pretty, but I have too many white blouses and Ttops to wear them with, and can't be that choosy..

Am going to try White Wash, for unbleachable fabrics, found by the rit dye, and see, that usually does it, or has in the past.

Will let you know tomorrow.

RitaR

Ok, here it is.. haven't tried the White Wash yet.. did have dye catcher sheets, two, in the washer..I had dyc catchers in because we'd just washed a load of fairly new blue jeans.. didn't want that color to settle in. I guess the problem was shutting the washer off and leaving for a couple hours.. they must have sat in direct contact. The grayed areas, or most of the garments, are actually pale blue, too.

RitaR

Hi ladies.. I used the White Wash from Rit in an ex. large kettle on the stove, with a tad of laundry soap.. all the blue came out in just a couple min.. two had a yellowish tinge, but rinsing took that out of one.. the other I can live with, or get a box of the Whitener and Brightener.. it works pretty well, too, have used it in the past.

RitaR

Archived