oriental monster quilt done with pictures check out bottom of post picture on bed with oriental wall hanging!

Joan the wall quilt was done about a year ago and somewhere on this forum there are pictures of it I will have to try to find the post with them for you. It was on the post as an entry in the circle lord contest, but it is not the one that won a prize. The other fish quilt won a prize in that contest.

http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=20963&page=1#pid254186

Geisha by Moonlight ( a few better closeups added)

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by IBQLTN2

I have been working on this 104x108 quilt for almost 2 months now, I know I am slow!! It is a part time after work and weekend project for my son and daughter in law. I posted the quilt top pictures back in July when it was done. Now all I have left is to do the binding. I sewed 3 sides of the binding on the frame, but couldn't quite make it to the far right side after I had turned it. This really, really maxed out my 10 ft frame on my Lenni! So if anyone is wondering how big of a quilt you can manage on a Lenni, I think I reached the maximum. I loaded it sideways which is 104 but in order to do the center I had to turn it as I couldnt manage the crosshatching and clamshells sideways. Any how I am glad to have it finished and to be able to move on to something smaller like my soon to be newest granddaughters quilt, who is due in now under 3 weeks. the pictures are on another post from sept 2011. post title is called oriental monster quilt. Michael maybe you can help me to get the pictures from that post to this one. I have temporarily lost my camera card where the original photos are, but there are some pictures of the whole quilt and a few that show the detail of the ginko designs.

this is the quilt I am talking about.

thanks.

post--13461908532137_thumb.jpg

Archived