Bill's "Bug" Quilt

Darling quilt Patty Jo. Quilts sure do bring cheerfulness and a piece of home right where you need it. Please accept my blessings.

I'm currently making a quilt for our employee's wife who is going into Hospice this weekend. It sure is cheerful and I think they will both like it since she has cooked with chilis all the time.

On the 28th our chapter is getting together to make Hospice quilts again. None of ours are very darling like your bug quilt since we are trying to make several. Nevertheless they look really nice.

Vicki

Here is the layout of blocks for the chili quilt for my employee's wife. It has over 80 fabrics in it so I had a wonderful opportunity to use up a bag of small pieces I had been saving. Hope to get it done next week by stitching butterflies from a great panto I have to the back which is a bright pink batik with butterflies. Do chilis and butterflies go together?

Vicki

Patty, you got me!!! I thought I was going to see a quilt with "bugs". I love the original VWs, what memories and a cute quilt. So how many people could you get into your VW?

LOL, I'm giving my age away. Patty, my prayers and love are with you and Bill.

When Bill and I first met he was driving a Bug, a beige one. The one that was in the garage when I made this quilt was red. He became a bit more colorful after he met me!!! Anyway, he was taking me shopping for a birthday gift - he wanted to buy me a birthstone ring. So between jewlery stores, on "Wellesley" on the North side of Spokane, he poped the question. Not very romantic, but I could still show you exactly where. So we continued on to the next jewlery store but by then we were looking at diamonds. That was 34 1/2 years ago.:cool:

Hi PJ!

I think of you and Bill every day.... What an adorable quilt! Must've been fun to make...

My very first "car" was a '57 Beetle, worn red, and I could fill it up for $3. Hmmmm times have certainly changed!

AND, I too, got proposed to in that little vw.

luv -b

Martha, I just try and keep it real. If I ever start thinking that I really am a professional, I'll get lazy or something, so if I keep thinking I'm an amature & not a perfectionist, I do better & look at every quilt with anticipation. Maybe not the right mind set for a true professional, but I don't know it all, never will so I just do the best I can. :cool:

Ahh, Patty Jo, that sure brings back memories. My 1st new car was a 1966 white VW bug. (The 1st 2 were junkers from my Daddy's junkyard.) I was 17 and just graduated from High school headed to nursing school. Now I work with cancer patients and am a survivor in more ways than 1. I lost my Daddy to lung cancer in 1980 and still miss him every day. Sometimes it seems we find God in strange places. My prayers are with you on your and Bill's journey. One day at a time and don't forgetr to take care of yourself along the way.

Archived