question for Bonnie in New York

Okay you asked for it.....

The APQS ULT II longarm

1 Toyota 12 needle embroidery machine and the digitizing software

1 Bernina 530

1 Bernina Serger 2500DCE

1 Janome 1600 DXP shortarm

1 Janome 6500 Memory Craft (which has been confirmed stolen and will be replaced soon)

2 221 featherweights a 1947 and 1949

1 Singer 301 1950 something in a sewing machine cabinet

2 Spartans 1 working 1 parts

1 Singer 24 nonworking...deco only

1 Singer 99K not sure of age, but think 1950's? need to check number

1 Singer Treadle 1906

1 Singer 1910 Leather sewing machine

1 Euro-Pro Sew N Go (GD's first sewing machine)

My MIL's Necci that she sewed my DH's clothes

1 Simplex, that looks very much like a Singer 99K estimate about 1940's

17 at this count, but there may be a couple still packed that I have forgotten about.

Also am bartering for an antique Singer...no idea what the model is, but assured that it does work.

A friend in Reno, as 3 machines all Singers that she says she will mail to me, but haven't seen yet.

And my MIL told me that when I come home this summer to leave enough room in the Durango to being back all her current sewing stuff...no idea what that all is, but assume at least one sewing machine.

;);););):P:P:P

I collect not only fabric, but sewing machines as well. I am the biggest sucker for a Singer that there ever was....on the look for a 401 right now.

Originally posted by DoryJM

And of the 7 million machines, how many of them do you actually use? Do you display them, or are you one of those "hoarder" types??:P:P:P

I use off and on 8 of them, the rest are either in storage waiting for my someday fabric store...like that will ever happen, but I can dream, or house deco.

.....right now I'm doing a quilt top with the 301 because my 6500 was STOLEN.....and I don't like sewing on the Bernina....its okay, but I don't care to use it for piecing...its for button holes, blind hems, and mending....yes I said the "M" word...its the only one that has an open arm....:( I hate mending...but can't get my DH to buy new CarHarts when the knee blows out and the rest is still good canvas..grrrrrrr. I have way better things to do with my sewing machines....than his D**** mending.

Oh, my!!! I don't know where I'd put that many. I only have a singer treadle (not sure the number or date it was my grandmother's). I have a Jamome 6600 for piecing, a small Janome to take to classes, a brother ULT2003 embroidery machine, a Jamome 734D serger and my Lenni. They all work and most of them are jammed in the sewing room ready to use. The Singer I use as a side table in the front bedroom where my Grandmother's bedroom furniture lives. You must live in a very large house!!!!!

go to http://maps.live.com and type in 135 Taghkanic Road, Elizaville, NY and you will see my house its only about 2400 square feet. It does have a basement...we live in a very small ranch compared to the others in the area....you can pan across the valley and see the huge houses here. They run at least 500 - 1000 square feet larger than our house. By the way our house is no longer this ugly red/white/blue it now a gorgeous white with dark grey trim.

Wow - two people I have little messages for and they just have messages on this topic.

Bonnie, I am the proud owner of a Singer 401A whhich I bought new some 50+ years ago. It has never had a repair and still works as well as the day I purchased thiis wonderful machine.

And for Judy Olsen, I just posted something under Circle Lord - under Baptist Fan for her.

Years ago, I had the fever for a newer machine and a Singer repairman told me to never trade the 401 in as he never had to do repairs on this machine. I took good care of that old girl and she is still being used. I also have a Bernina 1630 and a Bernina Serger. I do envy you all of those wonderful machines. What fun you must have with all of them. My DH gets real nervous when I look at sewing machines. Just can't understand that attitude. Happy machine shopping, Bonnie

Marilyn

I am going to purchase a 221 Featherweight on ebay. Am searching for the "perfect" one. Feedback is one of the guidelines I use. I also have the Millie, Juki 98TL, Janome 3500, Brother Serger, and an old Singer 457 (I think) that I only use for chainstitching my leaders to my backing/top fabric. I bought a Featherweight Plus but dropped it in the trash when I found out it would cost $70 to fix it and $100 to get a new one. The guy said they are disposable. I believed him.

I have a little bitty hand crank, a Christmas gift from 1946, and an 1885 Davis treadle, shuttle bobbin.. and a 1928 New Home Shuttle type bobbin, both sew.. looking for 2"long needles for the Davis.. also I have a small Bernette, love it for Sew Day and Classes, taking on trips, etc.

Then I have the 2000L Viking Serger, and the Viking D1-USB with 4 hoops, and Most of all Penny, my Lenni.

Use to have a singer, D model I think it was. if you can find the serial number there's a singer site where you can age the machine, and find out where it was built.

Bonnie, I had a 99K and bought it in 1957 in my Sr year of High School.

Loved that machine.

RitaR

Originally posted by RitaR

If you can find the serial number there's a singer site where you can age the machine, and find out where it was built.

RitaR

I have those numbers right here I just haven't had time to put them into the computer to see not only where it was built, but the exact date....

Interesting topic.

I currently have 5.

Millie

Viking Emma (non computerized, great for taking to classes)

Viking Designer SE (can sing and dance even though I can't)

Viking Serger 936

My grandmothers Singer from 1939 to 1941, not a featherweight, darn it. But it still works anyway and there is the sentimental aspect of owning her machine.

I am keeping my eye out for a featherweight just because I think they are cool.

Gail - I'm with you! I would love a featherweight too - they are cute!! I am much too spoiled with my auto-cut button to not use my Brother machine for piecing and such, but I want one anyhow.

I have a friend looking for me too, she has found them at garage sales for 5 - 10$ - what a lucky lady!!!

Archived