gadget tray

Handiquilter has a plastic tool caddy that rests across the rollers. It measures 31'' long X 6". I don't know if that is the size that you're looking for or want something bigger. I know I've seen others around but at the moment I can't remember where.

Dianne

A question about your tray: does the tray move around when you advance the quilt? Or does it impede the rolling of the quilt in any way? I notice in the photos that the tray sits on the Take Up roller.

I'm putting together my Christmas list and thought this might be a good addition!

Hi Laurie,

I'm not Kim but when I read the description on that web-page just now I believe it said something about those small legs on the bottom keeping the tray in position when the quilt is rolled or during pivotal access (open rollers to check batting) on a Gammill.

I have the 30" throat and was happy to see that it goes all the way up to 36 inches.

Some days, I believe I spend more time looking for my tools (Towa gauge, screw drive, pin bowl, bobbins etc) than I do actually quilting. Maybe this tray will help keep me more organized. I just sent an email with the URL to my Santa.

Thanks for the link Kim.

Hi Laurie, It floats on the rollers with little dowel legs to keep it from shifting. The man will ask for you type of machine and you can give him the actual measurements of you area.

I do have to take it off my 12' table for the larger quilts and really miss it then but other wise it's terrific.

I'll take a pic and post it a bit, have to finish a quilt first!

The gadget trays from the website Kim mentioned are great. So great in fact that I thought I needed two of them when they first came out! :)

Turns out, tho, that I only use one. Would love to sell my extra one.

It is oak finish....excellent condition. Not sure I'm allowed to post pricing here....so if you are interested please e-mail to: scrapbasket@kc.rr.com

Thanks!

I have several of these trays. I use two for my Millie and love them. My friend got carried away with making these, I would love to have the space back from storing these, so I will sell the extras really cheap. If you are interested please email me at mcb4034@yahoo, I can send pictures.

Hi MerryJo, Yeah, I have a TV tray from Costco that sort of serves that purpose now because it fits under my machine. I don't want it on the side, I don't have enough room in my studio as it is. :D I think that something that rides on top of my rollers would do the trick for me. I'll let you know how it works....right after Christmas. :D

Originally posted by meg_marsh

I use the Topper - easy to put on and take off as room is needed for quilting - only a 10' table. Otherwise I use the table behind me

Meg I hadn't thought about keeping my Topper on and using it as a shelf! Good idea because you are so right it won't come off unless you want it too and I'm sure setting a tray on it would work wonderfully!

Archived