Dream World Bendable Light

DoryJM

I have two of these and LOVE them!!:D

But this is not a message to say how wonderful the lights are, this is a message to say that Dream World is tops when it comes to customer service!

I ordered two mounting kits from them a couple of weeks ago. I usually check my bank balance every other day on-line and noticed that my two mounting kits that should have cost a mere $25+/- were listed as being over $100!!:( Yikes!

I immediately e-mailed and got a very prompt reply. Apparently, the company had gotten confused somehow and thought I'd ordered two lights. They had already sent the lights and would refund my money ASAP (which they did). They wanted to know whether I still needed the mounting kits or would the two lights do? It gets better...they told me to keep the lights at no charge! And, when I did decide on two additional mounting kits, they wouldn't let me pay!!!:):)

I've had good customer service before, but Dream World went way beyond that in my book. They could just as easily had me either refuse the shipment or sent me a label to send it back. Instead, I now have two additional lights and two mounting kits at no charge.:)

So...if any of you are waiting to purchase one of these lights (they provide the best lighting I've ever had while sewing), please order from them. Their website is: http://www.dreamworld-inc.com/

They are a great company and deserve our support. Besides, someone has to pay for all the free stuff I got!:P:P

I have a question about this light. What would you do without the mounting kit? I just cannot picture being able to use it unless you mounted it somehow. I'm looking at it on their site. Also if you wanted to mount this on you LA.....hmm...is there a jack on the machine to plug it into? I know the new machines come with LED lights so this isn't an issue, but what about the older per 2008 machines? I know that we've had lots of discussions here about attaching different lights to those to see better.

The lights come with everything you need to mount them, including little guide things that allow you to direct the cord where you need it. Mine are on my DSMs, am looking at putting one on my Millie as well, but haven't quite figured out how. The light they provide is amazing.

The additional mounting kits come with the round base that the light snaps onto (its stuck onto your machine with really sticky tape stuff) and the little cord guides.

Great product!

Ok, It's on the Millie, where did you plug it in? Seems like it would be a pain to have another cord dragging around. Is there a female plug on the Millie for things such a this? Just so you could have something to plug into?

Victoria,

Under what circumstance would you want to use this in addition to the black light? You wouldn't be able to see the things the black light is supposed to be letting you see. If you needed to see wouldn't you just flip the switch to go back to the regular LED light? I think these are to help with the issues the old light setups had with getting light thrown across the stitches to make shadows so you can see where you've been, or to provide a better light for better visibilty at the hopping foot.

I just took another look at my Millie, trying to determine where to plug it in. If you unplug your laser light, you can easily use that plug for the bendable light. Then, when doing pantos, just plug the laser back in and unplug the bendable.

I've never used my blacklight, so I can't speak to that at all.

yes, Heidi That is one of several I was trying to post to show the light attached to my machine and how the cord is attached to the side. I have a Nolting and there is not a place that I have found to plug it in. I attached a power strip to my frame and I plug in there.

Saundra,

All I did was put the url without the url=. If doing it from scratch just copy the page and when you are in the screen hit hit the right button on your mouse and select paste. You of course can also go up to edit and select paste. That should work for you. You can also just type in the webpage url and it should create a hyperlink. Thanks for the pictures. It is always wonderful to see how others solve problems!

• 2 weeks later...

You can plug these lights into the older machines, but the 2008 Millie no longer has an outlet for the laser, so you can't plug anything into the machine anymore.

You win some, and you lose some!

Don't you wish sometimes that a QUILTER could design the machines, and just let the extemely smart technicians (Hi MIKE!) figure out how to do it?! ;)

I plugged mine into the back of my 2007 Millie where the laser is connected and it didn't work!:( I was sad...until I figured out that for the laser to work, you must turn the switch--and, just like magic--when I turned the switch on, the bendable light worked too!!!!:D:P I'm so smart, I just amaze myself sometimes:P:P:P:P

I haven't decided yet whether I really want to connect it to the machine yet, still pondering...

Archived