which brands of poly batting

I have quilted on fleece and it works well. Just be sure you load it with the stretch going edge to edge and the salvages on the bars. Don't load it too tight either. My favorite light weight poly is Quilters Dream Puff. Very light and drappy but warm too. It really lets the quilting shine. Another great option would be wool.

I don't have a long arm with frame, but use 3M Thinsulate exclusively. It is soft, lightweight, and snuggly warm. I wanted a warm/lightweight quilt for my daughter's college dorm and the shop lady talked about how cotton breathed. So I tried one, quilter's dream or something like that. It is much heavier and stiffer than any of my thinsulate quilts. We both wished I would have used the Thinsulate. It comes in 60 inch rolls with 30 yards on it. I can order 3 rolls at a time, minimum.

Soft and Bright by the Warm Co. is great. Not super puffy and not that expensive.

Super light weight is wool batting.

I've used white flannel in baby quilts as batting. Adds and extra layer of warmth and thin enough to wrap and snug around baby.

Fleece would work but adds extra weight. Just depends on what the customer is looking for.

Archived