Where do I find a black light for millenium

Mary Beth and Debbie,

Are meaning just the black light bulb?

I'm with Jane on wanting a light that would be attached to the side, maybe a LED light system or something like that. That way when I need the black light for some areas its there and then turn it off for when I need the other light. I have ran into this scenario before on quilts and that white light gets hot. Any suggestions?

Patty, I have thought about upgrading but I don't want to spend the extra right now. Besides I have my machine on an equipment lease and I really don't want to extend that any longer. Been counting down the days that its paid for.

Joanne, Duh! I never thought about laying a light across the bars. What a genius you are. Gonna try it because one of the kids has one of those light bars.

• 2 weeks later...

It is at the back of the light. It is on the light fixture at the back and is a small sliding switch. I found mine by mistake when I first got the machine it scared me when it started glowing blue. I know that Sue showed it to me when I did my test drive, but I had forgotten about it. I love this feature!

• 6 years later...

I know this is a REALLY old post but if anyone is interested in an after market LED system with bright white and ultraviolet (black) lighting.  Designed for your older model APQS machines that have fluorescent bulbs.  It's easy to install and increases your viewing space while giving you the ease of great lighting for your work space.  

Please visit our site at http://www.mcautomationinc.com/led2

If you have any questions feel free to shoot us an email.  

Happy Quilting!

Attached Thumbnails
  • photo 44.JPG
  •  

Mike provides outstanding customer service.  I called with a slight issue I had with my light upgrade.  He answered the phone, and had me up and running in minutes.  He said if I had any issues, he would send me a brand new piece.  Since I was able to fix the burr that had formed which caught my thread at times, this was not needed.  While I do not use the UV/black light all that often, it has come in handy on the certain fabrics when it was hard to see under the white light.  

If you are looking for a light upgrade, I whole heartedly suggest you contact Mike. 

Cagey

Archived