Log Cabin Help Needed

I see a basket in the lower white triangles with feathers that fill the space, starting in the right corner and swooping down and back up to the left corner, and flowers coming out of the basket in the top red triangles. Each triangle has two of the log cabin halves. You end up with an extra basket at the top and flowers at the bottom. Maybe you can turn the quilt upside down? Does the client think there is an up and a down?

Julia

Hi Linda. When I look at this quilt I see pretty, feminine feather wreaths. Remember the log cabin that I posted last December? Something along those lines. Here's some other ideas. I used paint to mark some areas where you could do some pretty feathers. The circles are just veins for some feather wreaths.

Debbi

post--13461901376632_thumb.jpg

Its Eleanor Burns' "Star Log Cabin" and its set in the Mountains format...with the quilt Eleanor's quilter didn't get very creative it was totally done in the ditch.....

This is the pattern Siana picked out for her very first quilt...at the age of three....I could have killed her...I wasn't very good back in those days with half-square triangles....

Originally posted by Bonnie

This is the pattern Siana picked out for her very first quilt...at the age of three....I could have killed her...I wasn't very good back in those days with half-square triangles....

Okay, Bonnie, lesson learned...don't let a 3 year old see a quilt pattern...just make them a cute little quilt and leave it at that :D

Linda, Log Cabins are one of my favorites...my only ideas deal with feathers because that seems to be what everyone does to a Log Cabin quilt. Can't wait to see what you do ;)

I love log cabins and this one is especially nice. My youngest daughter also requested a log cabin quilt several years ago when I was just getting back into quilting after a long absence and she wanted orange and gray as her primary colors. Didn't have my longarm then so just cross hatched using my DM. Just think what I could have done using the wonderful ideas you all have suggested...but she was pleased with the outcome. I'm looking forward to seeing what you finally decided, Linda.

post--13461901384728_thumb.jpg

Archived