Quilt Whisperer class in Sacramento

I just got back from Sacramento where I went to Carla Barrett's Quilt Whisperer class. I got a chance to meet two APQS chatters, LaurieG from Vallejo and Laura from Vacaville who also attended the class. It is always such a blast to meet kindred spirits from the chat.

Carla provided some great info. We also brought quilts to class to analyze how the quilt could be quilted. Great fun.

Here are the 3 of us (left to right) LaurieG, me and Laura.

post--13461901389712_thumb.jpg

Wow, you are so fast with the photo!!!

This is the only time you will see me without my pink Ohio Star avatar.....

It was wonderful meeting f2f Linda Card (ramona-quilter), Laura J. and Carla Barrett. Carla's class was fabulous with so much good information.

The class could easily have been a 2 day class or all day class at one of the long arm quilt shows.

Carla - I loved your sense of humor and mostly your design ideas. I hope to see you at some of the larger shows. Many would benefit from your classes.

Thanks again for a great day!

It was so much fun meeting these two ladies and taking the class with them. What an inspiration Carla was.

Being a newbie and to listen to the others ask their questions, share a bit of what they do and have Carla share her knowledge - what a blessing. Just sitting next to Laurie and watching her draw feathers - oh my - more inspiration.

My take on the "Quilt Whisperer", she inspires quilting and trains quilters (sounds a bit like Caesar Milan - right?)

I'm more determined now to retire from my "real world job" and take classes and QUILT!!! :P

Hello! I just wrote a blog post letting the APQS "L" group- LaurieG, Laura, and Linda- know that I had a blast in class with them yesterday! You are terrific fun... Thanks!!

Thank you for all the nice comments. Btw, the quilt whisperer class title started as a joke that somehow stuck. I don't know, perhaps fruity little drinks with umbrellas may have been involved, but I won't swear on it!!

Anyway, I have lots of longtime friends (Linda Rech, Bobbie J, etc.) here on the APQS board, so I thought I would stop by and say hello and thank you to both old and new friends. Regards, Carla

Oh my gosh!! Carla, if you are longtime friends with Linda Rech...I know I must meet you for sure! I love Linda Rech....I had so much fun spending the day with Linda, Beth and her hubby last April when I visited the Moxie Meeting. And I am sure Linda Card told you that you should be getting a student from the Kansas City area as soon as you have an opening in a class. Linda gave me the name of the quilt store....so it is not in my favorites. I know there is a class April 18, but Linda said that one is full....when is the next one??? I'll be there!!

Hi Mary Beth, I've been told my next class is full and I already have enough to fill another class... I need to get my next 3 month schedule together, so I will send you a private message.

In case anyone is interested, I do teach private classes in my studio. It is hand's on and tailored to each person's skill and confidence level. I especially love to work with newer quilters or ones who just need a confidence boost.

I even have a couple of men quilters that I have been working with- we cover everything from hiding starts and stops, to dealing with PITAs, and how to approach show quilt business and step up the quilt design a notch or two.

BTW, Linda's home and garden are beautiful and I love her studio (I promise to not tell the story about the yellow thread on your Millie!) Dennis is so handy, he was designing longarm tools as early as 2004!

Bobby J. is delightful in person, too. She is kind, very meticulous in her work, and her home is a showcase, I'm sure! She used to live nearby but moved a couple of years ago.

Thanks for letting me hang out here. LOL Carla

Charlotte, I'll email you...

Carla,

I will be sitting by the computer awaiting your email :D Let me know about those private classes too...I'm always up for encouragement! Ask anyone here....I have a little problem with confidence. Anyway, it is great to see you posting here on APQS chat....welcome to the forum.

Archived